V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
rambleon
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a "lurker" in this forum for a while now, and thought it was high time I introduced myself. Well, that, plus overidding guilt as well as fear of acquiring a pox for posting prior to introduction. Yeah, I did it :spank:, but it's 'cause I didn't read the directions first! Anyway, been ridin' off and on since mid-seventies...Rode a 96 Badboy Springer for a couple of years, and bought a (then new) Fatboy in 03. Whether it's just in my head, or whether it's the bike itself, no other bike gives me the feeling I get when I'm on a Harley. :Banadance Fate brought me to Florida, and though I've been to many nicer areas (and some worst), I can't complain too much about the ridin' weather. Grew up an AF brat, then spent 20 years in the USAF, retiring in '97. Currently work at Tyndall AFB as a civil servant. Just wanted to say "hey", and that I enjoy the overall camraderie, as well as the great tips, suggestions, info, from everyone. Last but not least, I tip my hat to the seasoned veterans in here, who share their wisdom and time (by some accounts, LOTS of personal time) to make sure folks get it right. Ride safe...

·
Iron Butt
559 Posts
:welcome: to the forum Phatboy. As you are well aware this is the best place to be for anything Harley related. Plus you get lots of other advice and opinion on just about any topic you can imagine.:thumbsup:
Ride safe.
Steve.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
03Phatboy said:
...Rode a 96 Badboy Springer for a couple of years,

:welcome: to the board.

I seen you mention the "Badboy". That is still a cool looking Harley. Did you keep it or sell it when you got the Fatboy? (BTW, I have an 03 Fatboy myself and love it).

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
welcome to the wonderful world of the VTF.

Congrats on your upcoming retirement from the USAF and thanks for making our world safe for those years.

Post up and keep on enjoying this fabulous place.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Thank you!

I didn't put this in my original post and I always take time out to thank the men and women that serve this great nation.

:thanks: Thank you for your service to this country. {salute(

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Don't worry about the introduction sequence... I did the same thing... some still tolerate me.

Welcome to the forum... as you have stated, the folks here are fantastic. Too bad I can't ride with them...

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Thanks for your service!! {salute( Post up often and enjoy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts