V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Not Paper Trained
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard the rock-n-roll music and just had to stop on in. "Barkeep! Another round for the boys!" I hope that you don't mind if I stay for awhile.

I'm from the good ol' Land of Enchantment and have had my Fatboy for just over a year now. I used to be a crotch jockey for many years, that is until I saw the light. The light through the bottom of my wallet after all the customizing that is.

My name's Paul and I hope to meet you all real soon.

Peace...

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the fourm Paul. Stay as long as you like!! Post up often and enjoy!:beer4u:

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
A big :welcome: Paul.You will need to stay here a long time when you see how much you can learn here.Nice to meet you and the cold ones on me.:beer:

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Dear Paul, AKA Cool DOg:

Welcome into the bright lights and shiny chrome. A cyber wonderland of Big V-Twin motorcycles and the fine human beings who love them.

So fill your beer mug, pull up a chair and have a seat. Post up and enjoy.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
CD, I dig the Doggles. And welcome to the VTF! Man I love that custom paint set on your '05 Fatty. I dunno, something about orange on the big FLST rides. That is one fine looking bike you got there! I saw an orange & cream set of tins and fell in love immediately. They had a 1" metal grind between the two-tones instead of a pinstripe. I like!

And dude, it was 24 degrees (that Fahrenheit) here today in Virginia. I went out this morning and I can tell you that 3 pairs of gloves are not enough. I rode part of Rt. 66 just West of Albuquerque once and loved it. Beautiful country out there. Pleasant this time of year.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Cool Dog said:
Just heard the rock-n-roll music and just had to stop on in. "Barkeep! Another round for the boys!" I hope that you don't mind if I stay for awhile.

I'm from the good ol' Land of Enchantment and have had my Fatboy for just over a year now. I used to be a crotch jockey for many years, that is until I saw the light. The light through the bottom of my wallet after all the customizing that is.

My name's Paul and I hope to meet you all real soon.

Peace...
hey dog ...hello from canadistan.....a fine fat boy..love the paint..(and fatty whitewalls and custom spoke wheels) ..

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Hey, Cool Dog, that is one fine looking ride, my man. Something very smooth about orange paint and white walls.

I see that H-D is offering spoke wheels as an option on the '06 Fat Boy this year. If I had that option last year ('05), I would have gone with the Fat Boy versus Softail Springer Classic. Although, I really enjoy my FLSTSCI.

Again, nice looking scooter and welcome to the forum.

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
Welcome. I hope by "I used to be a crotch jockey" you mean that you used to ride crotch rockets...... Sweet Ass fatboy you got there, pun intended :D

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Nice Fatboy Paul! Those wheels American Lace? Really sweet! Thanks for joining in and do stay awhile! I want to know what all you've done to that ride. Welcome,

Carrie

·
Not Paper Trained
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all for the great welcome and the great comments on my scoot. I added a couple more pics since the one in my sig is so small. Carrie, the wheels are from American Wire, but I like the ones on your Annv Fatboy as well. That is one sweet bike. H-D Lux, I love that retro styled orange set on your ride as well. Great ride, man.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Hey man, did you sneak a Deluxe seat on there? Sure looks like it. If so, what do think about the seating position and comfort? I ended up taking mine off for a Corbin. Tried just about everything.

Sadly, the orange and white Deluxe picture I threw up there was off the Basanni/North Country website, mine's blue and white, stock paint. I'd love to so do something along those lines though. Saw an orange ghost flame Dyna at a fundraiser this weekend, very subtle.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
:welcome: To VTF.
Nice Fatty CoolDog!Would that bike happen to be "bike of the week" on another forum?
When I saw it on "the other forum" i instantly thought of Carrie and how much she would like it.:thumbsup:

·
Not Paper Trained
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
71baldboy said:
:welcome: To VTF.
Nice Fatty CoolDog!Would that bike happen to be "bike of the week" on another forum?:
Why yes it would. I won the ride of the month for November. Good eye.

HD-LUX - Yeah, there's not much Fatboy left after all the mods. I guess it's more of a Deluxe than anything else. The Deluxe seat is a hell of a lot more comfortable that the stock FB but it set me forward a couple of inches so I had to install some hiway pegs for the long distance runs to stretch out the legs cause I'm 6 foot tall.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts