V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At age 35 er uh 36 as of tomorrow finally being able to to pruchase my first HD. Hopefully you fine people on this board will give me valuable insight on what to expect. I'm leaning towards a black pearl deuce or a standard.Rode a standard for a couple of hours in early fall and loved it. My first bike was a 1987 honda hurricane 600 crotchrocket when i was 17. 1991 Kawasaki zx1100 crotchrocket, and now a 02 Suzuki 1300 Hyabusa and now after years busting my ass with a wife and 2 kids and all is good, it's now my time for a harley only had to wait 14 years for it. i'm way to stoked:wootdnc:

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
First of all, Happy birthday.

Second, welcome to the the VTF and third, Don't complain about waiting till 36 to get your Harley, I know guys who waited till they were 45.

Welcome to the one forum where people understand your passion and commitment to your motorcycle and the real reasons you choose to ride.

Post up and read up some of the great posts from on the VTF.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey, welcome Jimmy...I got ya all beat on the wait...53 and will probably be 54 before the winter breaks here and I can pick up that shiney new black Ultra on order...been waiting for a Harley since my 1st ride at 10 yrs. old on the back of a Honda 160...remember that ride like yesterday including the oversize huge white football helmet I wore. Did have a Kaw KZ 1000 in there also somewhere like you mentioned back in the 70's, the 1st year they bumped up the 900...but it's been a long wait for the Harley. Anyway, your gonna love this site...again--welcome!

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Welcome Jimmy! I'm pleased to say I was 27 when I had my first Harley! LOL! Didn't mean to rub it in...lol! Thanks for sharing,

Carrie

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the fourm and Happy Birthday!!! Go down to the dealer and rent the bikes of your choice to get a feel for what you are looking for. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Happy B-Day Jimmy! Welcome to the forum from someone else in the Lou!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Happy Birthday to us!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Happy Bday and congrats on the ride. I had to wait until I was 42 and retired from the Navy to get mine. BTW welcome to the forum from another Show me resident. Ride Safe. Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts