V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang, I,ve been reading this site for a couple of weeks now, really interesting. Right now I,m riding a 05 yamaha venture, but I,ve still got the harley bug real bad. I was thinking of getting a new ultra classic but have heard a lot about heat problems. Maybe someone here can convince me to jbuy one anyway, wouldn,t take much. The yamaha aint bad but it,s still missing the harley mystique., whatever that means. Anyway I,ll stay with the yamaha until I find out more. Harley ultras go for $24,149 base price here. Guess that,s pretty comparable to U.S> prices, better than it used to be. Look forward to conversing with you guys, sounds like a good bunch. P.S. not usually this long winded.

·
2002 FLSTCI
129 Posts
Welcome

Hi Nomad, and welcome to the forum.

Don't worry about heat problems on the Ultra. I ride a Softail, but many that I ride with are on Ultras from different years, and none of them have heat problems. There's nothing about the Ultra that would make it more likely to overheat -- the touring bikes all run the same engine.

Most of the heat problems that I've seen have been the result of improper tuning. The bikes come running lean for emission purposes, and a lean bike runs hot. Passes the emission test with flying colors, but runs hot just the same.

Get the bike you want. You can customize its performance as easily as adding chrome or custom paint.

·
2002 FLSTCI
129 Posts
Fng

BTW, you may want to change the FNG under your user name. Then you won't have to say you're new to the forum in your posts . . . <g>

·
Real Leprechaun!
174 Posts
Welcome to you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts