V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today I decided to change the fluids in my scoot, primary, trans, and oil. I grabbed my service manual and tools b/c this was the first time I had ever wrenched on anything in my life. From the experience, I have several questions:

1. How much fluid do I put in the primary case? The manual says 32 ozs, but after about 22 ozs, it looked really full, and I didnt want to overfill. Is this ok?
2. It was inevitable, but I spilled oil on the garage floor. How can I clean this up? I did my best with some shop towels, but it didnt seem to work real well.
3. Since there was oil on the floor, I managed to get some on my tires. How do I clean this? I dont want to try to ride, and go down. Any suggestions.
4. The service manual calls for 32 ozs of tranny fluid, but I only managed about 28 ozs. Is this ok?

This is all the ?'s for now, but I am sure that some more will come along. Thanks for the replies. Please bear with me while I continue to learn.

Matthew

·
Registered
194 Posts
Well I've never had a Dyna but as far as your spill, use cat litter. Spread it over the area and then step on it to compress it a few times. Leave it as long as reasonably possible-a day or two would be good. Sweep it up when you are done and the majority of the oil will have been absorbed. For your tire I would try either brake cleaner or dish soap depending on how bad it is. If it's real bad use the brake cleaner, it gets everything off. Then clean with the dish soap and rinse with water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts