V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I got the new zippers air cleaner in today and got it installed. I took some pics to show it off. The quality is great, when I compaired it to my K&N it is built better. The actual filter part seems to be the same material as the K&N but the rubber part seems higher quality. The main benifit of course is that it is larger than that of the K&N for increased air flow. I need to give credit where it is dew I was tipped off by Dewey. So here is a plug for him the filter cover is from Dewey's peg's and is of top notch quality! Get one.....

Later

Floyd

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the same air filter on my 06 FLHX. The day I ordered it, I get a call
from Dewey to tell me about it. Very good quality on this filter. I also ordered a Rammer air cleaner cover from Dewey, should be here Friday. It will be a good look and pick up some extra air at the same time.
If the cover is anything like his headwork,
"you can't lose".

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
floyd78 said:
Hello Everyone,

I got the new zippers air cleaner in today and got it installed. I took some pics to show it off. The quality is great, when I compaired it to my K&N it is built better. The actual filter part seems to be the same material as the K&N but the rubber part seems higher quality. The main benifit of course is that it is larger than that of the K&N for increased air flow. I need to give credit where it is dew I was tipped off by Dewey. So here is a plug for him the filter cover is from Dewey's peg's and is of top notch quality! Get one.....

Later

Floyd
How much $$?

·
Registered
86 Posts
$62 Bucks. Also, thanks Dewey for the Heads up.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Could I replace my current Screamin Eagle air filter with that one? I'm snot sure if this filter mounts right up or not?

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got mine for 62.00 bucks. That is with no discount, but I had to have it. If you can get it for less let us know where and how.

·
Liberal Slayer
212 Posts
Any remapping needed for the ECM? Or is the difference so minimal that it wont matter and the SE A/C map will work for this Zippers filter?

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know on the remap. I havent had mine tuned yet so it just has a general map in it to get me through breakin. My map is a little bit on the rich side so I don't think I will have problems. My guess would be that you should be fine if you are setup fot the SE filter.

As far as the mounting bolts are concerned they come with new longer bolts to compinsate for the larger filter.

yes it is a direct replacement for the SE air filter......

·
Registered
7 Posts
I paid 62 and change from Zippers, comes with longer standoff bolts (alum.
with steel studs, nice set up) This filter looks good enough to run open.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
What cover is on there (P/N would be nice)?
Looks great! :thumbsup:

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
Unless you're well over 100hp I don't think you'll see any gains with this filter over the SE version. Also it will stick out further and if you have forward controls it may interfere with your leg. Now, if you have a big HP, big bore you may benefit from this.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can get the cover from deweyspegs.com. It is the smooth version of his cover. Give Dewey a call and he will no with one it is. He only offers a few different ones. As far as being in the way it's not an issue on my bike with forward controls. Might be on others, if the SE is cramped then I wouldn't go with this one. As far as only using with a 100 hp and over bike I don't know how true that is. I might do a run with one and then the K&N when I do my dyno run after breakin. I mainly like the look of a bigger filter on my bike so if its no better than no big deal to me.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
i like the look of the round cover/open filter...what about rain?

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
floyd78 said:
I got the new zippers air cleaner in today and got it installed. I took some pics to show it off............ cover is from Dewey's peg's
Floyd
Looks good Floyd...can you take another pic from the side?

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
It looks cool and is cheaper then the one I bought from Arlen Ness. I like mine
no problems with rain or washing etc..........

·
Registered
16 Posts
Zipper Air Cleaners

I love Zippers Air Cleaners.I Use there Complete Air Cleaner Assy. on all my performance builds.With there COMPLETE air cleaner assy. Not only do you get there Mega size element , but you also have place to relocate you AIR TEMP sensor away from the direct engine heat.It now can be relocated into the base of Zippers air cleaner assy.If your stock wire is alittle to short to do this ,they even have a extension cable to make the move easy.In moving the AIR TEMP sensor the ECM can now read the intake air temp as it enters the engine instead of reading the hotter manifold location due to engine heat.And a stock Large 8 in. round air cleaner cover will still fit .The factory EFI air cleaner cover will No longer fit.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts