V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from a month in NZ. I took part in the Southernman tour. 5,400 miles of great riding between the North and South islands. More twisties in a day than I caould ever immagine. Anyone thinking of making the tour next year needs to make thier commitment now.

·
natural-born world-shaker
2,978 Posts
No, no, no, that's not the way it's done .. no mention of pics?

Sounds like a great ride.

·
EagleRider Sucks
375 Posts
toybox99615 said:
Just returned from a month in NZ. I took part in the Southernman tour. 5,400 miles of great riding between the North and South islands. More twisties in a day than I caould ever immagine. Anyone thinking of making the tour next year needs to make thier commitment now.
Sounds like you made it safely this year? I heard through the grapevine Deb went down this year and had to be helicoptered out? Glad you guys had a great time!

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
Cost??

Wanting to know a realistic cost assessment for this tour if you hppen to know??? Just the total would be great please.

·
EagleRider Sucks
375 Posts
davemhughes said:
Wanting to know a realistic cost assessment for this tour if you hppen to know??? Just the total would be great please.
Depends on the exchange rate, but when I did it with Toybox in 2005, it cost me about $9 or 10,000 solo. That includes the tour cost, the bike rental or shipping cost/insurance, food/drink and air fare. Fly Air New Zealand if you go, seats have more space between them. I'll tell you, the trip was worth every penny. The experience was one of the best of my life and the people who run the tour are awesome folks. If you can swing the cost, I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Can you let me know what tour company you used? I'm trying to decide what to do for my Korea mid-tour next spring. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I have always wanted to go to New Zealand. A lot of my shipmates were on icebreakers, which used to pull into Christchurch before going down to the ice. They always said the New Zealanders treated them like family. One day I'll make it.

·
EagleRider Sucks
375 Posts
The tour I was on was a HOG tour. It's called the Southern Man Tour and is once a year tour, around February, goes for about 2+ weeks and the people who run it are very good. I think Rosemary also will do tours for small groups, rented my Harley from Road & Sport in Hamilton, NZ. You can contact Barry or Shelley Sproule at Road & Sport for the rental, they are good people. Shelley Sproule [[email protected]]. Rosemary Brown can be contacted at Rosemary Brown [[email protected]]. There summer is opposite ours, so you're planning to ride in December to March, roads are awesome, scenery is great and the KIWI's are great people. Have a Speight's on the South Island for me, can't find it here in the states.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts