V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi;
I will visit New york in middle of January with my wife. I have seen touristic places like Empire State, statue of liberty before. This time I want to go restaurants, bars, clubs which are good and interesting places that I can not find on tourist guides. I have one week to live like a New yorker. And of course I have to visit a Harley dealer. Any help?

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
Music maybe

rmd said:
Hi;
I will visit New york in middle of January with my wife. I have seen touristic places like Empire State, statue of liberty before. This time I want to go restaurants, bars, clubs which are good and interesting places that I can not find on tourist guides. I have one week to live like a New yorker. And of course I have to visit a Harley dealer. Any help?
When you get there, go to a news stand. Grab the Village Voice.

Check the concert listings, If you find one in Carnegie Hall, (57th /7th Av.) I say go.

Otherwise maybe Lincoln Center (columbus Av/Broadway)

Central Park Is close to both, if the weather is good, great.

From 59th st Up further on Central Park West they have the museum of natural history.

Go down to Greenwich Villagewhile down there. You can ask for the Hells Angels HQ nereby lower East side:laugh:

·
Registered
8,786 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
If your looking for a Harley dealer in NYC, skip the one in downtown Manhattan. It's nothing but an upscale boutique with sales people of undetermined gender that couldn't tell the difference between a fatboy and their last same sex conquest.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
macdawg said:
If your looking for a Harley dealer in NYC, skip the one in downtown Manhattan. It's nothing but an upscale boutique with sales people of undetermined gender that couldn't tell the difference between a fatboy and their last same sex conquest.
Sounds like my kinda place! :Dennis

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
macdawg said:
I was actually in that shop earlier in the year and the owner was there. He seemed all right to me. It really is nothing more than a T shirt shop though. I think the actual dealership is in Staten Island.

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Start your day at Ground Zero. Spend some time there. It's going to be cold, wear your leather coat, leather boots, and bring gloves and a hat. (A quality cowboy hat, properly fitted, is always a handsome choice)
(http://www.tributewtc.org/visitorinfo/index.html
(You don't need to take the tour if you don't want to.)

Walk across the street to St. Paul's Chapel. Say a prayer for of all those that lost a loved one there that continues to deal with that loss everyday. (Doesn't matter what your faith is, this Church belongs to all New Yorkers and their respectful guests)
http://www.saintpaulschapel.org/

Head to dinner:
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
646 W 131st St
Phone: (212) 694-1777
http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/nycIndex.php
Make sure you buy a couple of long sleeve tee shirts with the Harlem emblem on the back, they make great riding shirts. All you need to wear your jeans and a clean HD tee. All told it'll cost you less than 40 or 50 bucks including your new shirt.

Then after dinner just walk down the block and check out the Cotton Club. (yes it's that one). All you'll need is your leather jacket and a set of ears.
http://www.cottonclub-newyork.com/

Have a safe trip and when you go back home you will be able to tell the people back home that you actually went to New York this time. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
You definetly have to check out red rock west saloon, its always a good time and very biker freindly. The hd store (or whatever you want to call it) in manhattan is pretty lame. The closest dealers to manhattan are "lombardi's hd" in staten island. The other is "new york hd" on northern blvd. in queens. Lombardi's is okay, kinda small. New york harley is a decent size and has a bigger showroom. There are several dealerships on long island that are pretty nice but cab fare might cut your vacation short if you had to get a ride there. The H.A. clubhouse is on east third street between (i think) 4th and 5th ave, tho there realy isnt much to see there. Its not like your going to get a tour. Over on peir 59 and chelsea peirs is chelsea brewing co. that is a resturant/bar that has some great beers and good food with a cool view of the water and they aren't rediculously priced. Ill try to remember some other good spots...

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
1978terrorizer said:
You definetly have to check out red rock west saloon, its always a good time and very biker freindly.
Aha, that's the name of it! Couldn't think of it yesterday!

This place is like Hogs and Heifers (the theme bar from Coyote Ugly) up on 14th St but a little less "touristy". Ask for Nikki!

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
1 week to live like a new yorker.

rmd said:
Hi;
Call me when you arrive. i will hold you up a gunpoint and take your money:hystria:

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
NYC is a great place. Ground Zero is a must do. For me, catching at least one Broadway show is also a must do.

I went to the NYC Harley store and got the NYC t-shirt. As others have said it's accessories only. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have burned the time it took me to get there. As I recall, there was nothing in the area I wanted to see and had to take a subway ride + a walk to get there. Cost a couple of hours I could have spent doing something else.

Have a great time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts