V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the year started off this morning with about a 30 mile cruise. 38 degrees. Not a road trip, by any means, but a short ride is better than no ride this time of year !

Anybody else in the cold climate zones get a 2006 ride yet ?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Rode "Day 01.." About 15 miles. Tested out the new Barnett clutch and 3.37 gearing before I get started with the Andrews and 95" kit. About 42 degs. Was nice, actually.

DLR

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DLRVelocity1 said:
" About 42 degs. Was nice, actually.

DLR
Ever notice when season comes to end around here, we put our bikes away because its 30 - 40 degrees. Then early in the year, we get them out when it's 30 or 40 and it seems great. Why is that ??

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
It was in the 30's here in northern Indiana as well. Went for about a 25 mile ride, boy it was great to get out again. Looks like it will be the last for awhile as they are forcasting snow in the near future.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Had low 50s on 01/01/06 Lots of bikes on the road, but became kind of drizzly and windy by 3:00 or so Still, felt good to get out Expecting warm(by January standards) for next weekend

BTW, West St. Louis county, Missouri is location I'm talking about

·
poor scooter trash
375 Posts
Did the hard nipple run from newark to mt vernon new years day. round trim was about 60 to 70 miles. Cold as hell but it was nice to ride in a pack in the middle of winter. Had a good turn out I heard 104 bikes. Some dropped out early but most hung in there. Nice to see all the bikes out and we definately got some looks all day long:chopper:

·
424 Posts
For a 1/1/06 ride in Tennessee a balmy 68 made our 55 mile ride to Top of the World community a blast!!!?prty:

·
Banned
873 Posts
ratmotortom said:
Got the year started off this morning with about a 30 mile cruise. 38 degrees. Not a road trip, by any means, but a short ride is better than no ride this time of year !

Anybody else in the cold climate zones get a 2006 ride yet ?
I wanted to ride this New Year's weekend, but I'm stuck recovering from knee surgery :(

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Me (the only bagger) and two others rode from central jersey to upstate NY and back trough Pa. It was a nice ride for me but my two partenrs both on softails w/o windshields really started to feel the mid 30s temps before we began heading back.

All together we did about 270 miles and stuck to the backroads where we could. A nice ride ............. :D

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
cold finger run long island

did a run on new years day for kids with cancer. wbab radio station does it out here every new years day. there was 1500 -2000 bikes this year. there was 3000 last year. awesome ride but cold as ice on the fingers. when they named it cold finger run they werent joking:woohoo: about 85 miles round trip
@ 38 degrees:yikes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.