V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
not fair

:nope: It's been cold and rain for 23 days here on the rock. So it's not fair that you got to ride and I'm still waiting for the weather.

·
Registered
121 Posts
We hit something like 62 today, so i had to start the new years off right and break out the bike.

Paul

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I though about it, but by the time I got my ass going it was pretty late. had to watch the Pack.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Yeah, the rain has held off today... I got a later start so the wind got pretty ugly at times but I got about 60 miles in, Pittsburg to Clayton to Brentwood and home... 280 more miles till the new StreetGlide is broken in!

·
Registered
353 Posts
stratslingr77 said:
Chilly (upper 50's) and WINDY but dry.
Hell, upper 50s? Is there a question about riding in that temp range? Jeez. Was 42 here in western NJ today. Me and the girl put on about 100 miles with a lunch and beer break in the afternoon. Was terriffic.:yes:

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Well I really had to force myself to ride today. 80 degrees had to wear a sleeveless t-shirt. It was tough but I did.

Sorry about sounding like a smart A$$ but that's the benefit of living in florida...=devil=

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
w4egv said:
Well I really had to force myself to ride today. 80 degrees had to wear a sleeveless t-shirt. It was tough but I did.

Sorry about sounding like a smart A$$ but that's the benefit of living in florida...=devil=
Yeah, but y'all got hurricanes and a bunch of senior citizens peeking over the dash boards of their Lincolns and Caddies. Not to mention hot and humid summer. I was stationed in the south for a number of years and just can't hang with that humidity.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Balmy 44 here today in South Jersey. Did I ride? He!! yeah! Did bout 100 miles all together today, and with my new jacket I never got a chill. :wootdnc:

darrell

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Here in central Illinois we had balmy weather also...high 40's. Quite a few bikes out and about. I rode about two hours, really enjoyed it. Chaps, lined leather jacket and decent gloves and you are good to go. When it drops below 40 then you start thinking how nice it would be to have heated grips, but high 40's...that is good riding weather!

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
I got ride mine in

It got up to 40 somthing here in Iowa today got close to 50 miles in. In felt great to be back in the saddle. 2 months till Daytona:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
perfect New Years (new Harley)

Could today have possibly been any better? Nope! After 6 mo. finally got my first Harley, a Cobalt Blue 06 FLSTNI. I picked it up this last fri. and have rode everyday since. Today temp hit 62 her in Asheville N.C., rode 100 miles. This bike is way better than I could ever have imagined. I will remember this 05 New Years as one of the best ever.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Lower 40's here in Va. Rode for about 45 mins., stopped for gas and realized my tags expired last month. Crap! Kinda slinked back home and put the bike away but, the grin will stay for a while.

·
Not-so-Fatboy
1,115 Posts
Yeah, rub in all the riding LOL. I would ride, but with all the farming roads around here, I would spend more time cleaning than I did on a ride. I will be glad when Spring is here!

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Rained like a sumbitch all day today. Managed to suck down a cigar and a six-pack while enjoying the last day of regular season NFL.
Vacation is over - back to work tomorrow! :(

·
Registered
99 Posts
stratslingr77 said:
Chilly (upper 50's) and WINDY but dry. We're in between storms up here in Northern California, but I got to squeeze in about 85 miles of Livermore Valley backroads this morning. It was most righteous! What a fine way to bring in the new year! Cheers, everybody!:thumbsup:
That wind was the only thing that held me back. I was going to buzz thru Sunol and Pleasanton for an lil loop but didn't want to be blown around that much.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Got in about 150 miles today. San Diego was a little cold, but beautiful. Hit some roads I have never been on and loved every minute of it.

It doesn't get better than this.

A good way to start the new year.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts