V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My next project with my 01 Fat Boy is new wheels. But I can't decide which ones I like best! I'm leaning towards HD Chrome Thunderstar which I think look really good. Also, HD's chrome Slotted wheels are an option, cheaper and still retain the "Fat boy" look. Not a drastic change though...
I like the "smoothie's" but they look like they would be a lot of work to keep clean.
Any ideas or thoughts?

·
Registered
129 Posts
he's a pic..

of a 01 fatboy that one of my buddies owns.. He chromed the factory rims.. They look great and arn't too hard to clean. I think he paid about $800 for rim exchange and chrome factory brake rotors. The two together look great. A cheaper chrome alternative to the high dollar aftermarket rims or even HD's custom rims.
Good luck with your choice..

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
If you get new wheels and you're interested in selling the stock rear Fatboy wheel let me know. Does anyone know if the wheel off a 2001 fatboy will fit on a 2001 Wide Glide?

Tony:cool:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Gunslinger said:
If you get new wheels and you're interested in selling the stock rear Fatboy wheel let me know. Does anyone know if the wheel off a 2001 fatboy will fit on a 2001 Wide Glide?

It'll fit. I took a rear brake spacer from an FXR for the rotor, and wheel spacers on both sides. It drastically changes the handling at first.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Cool...thanks. Now I just have to wait for the right deal on a rear wheel...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts