V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, i bought a new 21 inch wheel for my Street Glide. Love the wheel...only problem is I can't figure out which way the rotation should be. There is nothing stamped on the wheel that indicates the rotation should be a certain way. I put a call in to the company (Rampage) but so far have heard anything back from them. If you look at the pic it has the curved spokes. Obviously, it will have a different look depending on which way you mount the wheel. If Rampage says you can mount it either way then what. I've looked at different bikes on-line with similar curved spokes and most of them have the spokes leaning back. In other words, if you look at the pic the front of the bike would be to the left. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Using this picture I would install it going forward to the left of your pc screen.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Using this picture I would install it going forward to the left of your pc screen.
That's my thoughts. Got to be sure before i mount the tire since it definitely has set rotation direction.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I agree

It would look strange going the other way!

·
Sniper
1,659 Posts
Usually the placement of the air valve is on the right side of a wheel. Don't know of any wheel made that has the air valve on the left side.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Is there a matching belt pully that goes with the wheel? On the pulley that matches my rims there is an obvious rear side to it. by default the wheel would pitch the same direction...
If it don't matter then just turn it the way you like it best, I have seen em curved in both directions.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just spoke with the guys at Rampage. They said the spokes should fall to the rear, which is what i thought. That also puts the valve stem on the right side which also makes sense. Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Quick and temporary Fix

Guys,

I have a stock and solid 16" Wheel on my Ultra Classic, it uses a Chain drive as the engine is 120CI.

The wheel brearing tor the shiet out of the wheel, the wheel can no longer be used.

My question,

Can the chain sprocket be attached to the original spoke rear wheel and used on a temp basis?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Sorry for the post, meant to go else where.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts