V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today, I setup a web-cam system at Big Boyz. It's a work in progress and will change from time to time. Currently we have 2 cameras. A Blk/Wht camera setup over the porting table. And a Color camera, in a corner, that covers this room. I have to change the cameras manually and will do so every so often.

Bean is separating the head porting from the bike shop. The new location is in the Woods to avoid the day to day interuptions associated with the bike shop. Seems if you leave the lights on, people will stop by any time of the night to see if you're open.

We are planning to leave the camera on all the time, day or night. Bean could be porting at ANY time of the day or night.

***** Note, to view a larger image, click on the "720x486 Viewer" link on the side of the page. *****
The "Webeye" plug-in is safe to install.

Click here to view the camera, Internet Explorer 5.0 or above is recommended for best viewing.

The link may change and we will keep it updated if that occures.

LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK !!!!

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Awesome! Now let us know if you've got a chick present! Then the link goes to EAYOR...lol!

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
springer:

This is great! Thanks for taking the time to set this up.

Once the plugin is done, can we click a single link to get a straight shot to the site?

If one's on BB, definitely click the 720x486 option.

:thumbsup:

·
We're still here ya know
689 Posts
Kool. When I don't feel like working, I can watch you guys work!

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Technical info ...

I am using a WebGate "Webeye B101" network camera server. It supports up to 100 web clients allthough it has only had 3 so far. This will be a test to see how well it does.

The B/W camera is a Low Lux cam used on Beans jet boat for night vision. Currently mounted on the ceiling looking down on the porting bench.

The Color cam is a High Resolution crystal filter CCD chip camera and looks across the room.

This is supported by 500K DSL. Currently we do not have audio available but hope to make it available in the future.

As time goes on, I will be changing the layout of the camera page. To see the most current layout, you have to delete cached (temp internet) files in your browser.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
pretty friggin' cool! Hey, are those my heads?

Oh, that's right, my heads are at the builder...

BEING INSTALLED!!! WHOO-HOO!!!

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Great idea, now just every so often wave or flip the bird :harhar:

·
Registered
934 Posts
I can learn more about building a bike from watching 5 minutes of that webcam than a whole season of bike shows on Discovery!

Great stuff!

darrell

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
8pm est time now and we will be here for about 3 hours tonight.

I setup a wireless cam so it can be easily relocated.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Now inquireing minds want to know..............Are they my heads your doing now???? Pretty cool .
Paul

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
shrike96 said:
Now inquireing minds want to know..............Are they my heads your doing now???? Pretty cool .
Paul
Hi Paul,

Your heads are next. Not sure when that is but most likely Friday.

Bean put them on the top of the stack so you can see them in the cam, they are the tallest ones in the picture.

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MegaGlide said:
:corn: When do we get to watch you sissies play some sawball?
:roflback: Can't play that here, wood floors !!! Need cement floors so it won't stick.

Why not get a partner and challenge us to a game of sawball?? :D

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
I'll just send my daughters up this summer.
It'll need to be warm so they can wear flip-flops and make the defeat all the more humiliating.
It's warm up there on, what, like the second Tuesday in August, from about 2:00-3:15 P.M.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts