V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m looking for anyone that has some sample movies or sound clips of exhaust mods to the VROD. I just purchased a 2003 Silver and Black VROD and need to modify the pipes for a killer sound. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Banned
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mr Guido!!! That definately is the type of stuff I am looking for.
My local HD dealer was suggesting BUBS or a supertrapp. He talked me out of the Sampsons. To be honest from what I`ve heard I like the VMODS the best so far.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've just returned from my first run with my Screamin Eagle V-MODs. Spent 3 days and about 700 miles checking them out. They are perfect. Great sound, not too loud, deep, throaty and with a lot of authority. There is also some extra power that the bike really doesn't need. All in all I think I make the best choice with these pipes. Good looks, perfect sound and extra power. .

·
Registered
29 Posts
www.V-Mod.com
I went aftermarket with Samsons then Supertrapps. Looks and sounds like Mainstreetmotorcyles.com or V-Rod .com (both opperated by choppersteve from this forum) has a great product and knowledge to help you out. I think I would have went that route had I knew before chucking out $775.00 for the two sets of pipes I now own. But what the hey, we all need to collect something.

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
Simi06,
How are those ST's working out for you?Have you dyno'd it yet?If you need a tune for it let me know and we can get you a Techlusion TFI box with a tune for the ST's and you'll be flying!
Kaz.....................

·
Banned
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I`m gonna lean towards the SE 16 gauge DB. I`d still like to hear more of what they sound like though. I may still change my mind.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
I e-mailed you a few days back. I got them and got them on in about 45 mins. Hell of alot better than the Samsons install. To Harley tech 3 hrs. to align.
I will get the Techlusion in due time. Just got of of chopper steves site for a few added hp advice. I definetly prefer the V-5 performance over the other.
No access to a dyno. Think I will give the dealer a call and see if they can get me some time on one. They owe me anyway. During the other pipe install they chunked my swingarm pretty baddly. During my 1000 check they are going to try to polish out and if that doesn't do it they said they will replace swingarm. They better. Still have the customer satisfaction forms yet to fill out. And they told me a 10 is what it takes any thing less is just a ZERO to them. Ahhhhhhh the power!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts