V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

Thought I`d start by saying hello to all. I just puchased a 2003 VROD. 100th Anniversary Sterling Silver and Vivid Black. I pick it up next week. Anyone with pics or anything to do with VRODS please send it to me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome,...."I" can send ya a Pic , of my "03" E/Glide,"Classic".....
Gun metal Pearl, "Gold Key"...........!?!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome tbag, enjoy the boards! Hopefully you've found the VRod threads, post often.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome tbag809,

I'd first consider the stage 1 with either the SE or double barrels, they are very quite stock. I have dressed mine up a bit, you can check out my web page of some old pics www.gofastgoodies/davebest but I have done a few things since then.

Oh don't get a passenger pillion, go straight for the Sundowner seat much better. The stock seat is good but for only about two hours. Nothing s*cks more than riding and not being comfortable. I also like the sissy bar good to give you passenger something to lean back on.

Since these pictures I have gotten the chrome bracket and chrome and rubber foot pegs for the passenger and slotted chrome hand levers. I went with the smooth look replaced the left side cover with a smooth cover and did the chrome sprocket and belt guards, I felt the left side needed a little help since there was so much chrome on the right side.

I also when with the SE's because I like the look of the stock exhaust.

But customizing is all personal and it's what you like. Remember you don't have to please anyone but you.

Ride safe and if you haven't take the MSF course it a fantastic refresher.

Again welcome fellow V-Rod'er

Dave

·
Banned
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info VA V-Rod. I also had the dealer do chrome belt guards, sprocket, Gold Key package, chrome mirrors, chrome sissy bar, hand levers and a few small items to clean it up some more. The only thing left is the exhaust. I like the VMODS but the SE 16 GE sound pretty similar and may be easier to just have the dealer install before I pick up the bike next week.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
First of all welcome to the forum... ....Hope you enjoy your new ride............. ..
Originally..posted by tbag809
....It`s been a long fight with the old lady but I finally won!!!! [/B]
I went thru this with my O.M........... who is now my ex......

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Oh yes...... ordered my 1st heritage last dec. came this march...he raised sooo much hell.... that I turned it down..... he still doesn't know that I just bought my Heritage... a month ago...

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
My little secret ...is kinda like a F*ck you, to him....he's going to flip when he finds out..... I also got a tattoo.. in August... anther thing he didn't want me too do.... He went Ballistic for a little while.... but he did tell me it was nice...

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
any ways...so no one thinks I'm raggin on the O.M..... He's a nice enough guy... just not to me!!! BLAAAAHHAAAAAA!!!!!!!! welcome again..Tbag809....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts