V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I stumbled across this forum and am new to it (and message boards period!). I rode with my husband for 21 years and in 2000 decided to learn to ride myself. I bought a 2000 883 hugger and my husband taught me how to ride. After feeling as though I would never keep that bike running more than 5 feet with out stalling it, I now have 16,000 + miles on it. I would like to hear from other lady riders, especially since I am now going on longer and longer trips. Hope to hear from someone soon!
TmrHrrs

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
TmrHrrs, welcome and congradulations. I would still recomend the safety course, it gives insurance discounts and might just show you something new. Lots of lady riders here, sure they will be helping you out. Only requirement here is a sense of humor !!!

Dave, don't be so hard on yourself !!!

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Hi and Welcome TmHrrs..... well look NO FURTHER...this IS the Best FORUM you'll ever find... I'm a lady rider...and there is a number of us on this forum........ In November I took delivery of a "03" Heritage Classic ... and have been riding as much as possible..as of yesterday.. had 514 miles... it's just been really cold... I hope you'll stick around here...and POST often.. we need some more Lady Riders here .... and yes.. you'll need a sense of Humor to hang here.. or a big stick..to keep the guys in line... BUT THEY ARE HARMLESS... i think..!! nah... they are great! have fun..ride safe and again jump in ... and say what ya gottta say!

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Welcome aboard, TmrHrrs! Great to have another lady around here! We are outnumbered!!! Be sure to scroll down to the Ladies Lair and post there as well! Enjoy yourself here and post often!:D

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome TmrHrrs (is that "them are hers":D )
post often and enjoy.......

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
FXDeanX said:
No, Dave's right. Despite the way he dresses, he's no lady.

My wife found some women's panties under the seat of my truck and demanded to know who they belonged to. Ever the quick thinker, I said "Mine." Been wearing them ever since.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
dave51 said:

My wife found some women's panties under the seat of my truck and demanded to know who they belonged to. Ever the quick thinker, I said "Mine." Been wearing them ever since.
Blahahahahahahaha!

You know we gota see a pic right?

wyo

at least tell us if you wear the butt floss kind? (no pic of your hairy arse will be required:eek: )

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and I will post messages as often as I can! Thanks deb93fxlr for the tip about The Ladies Lair and thanks Thealien for the advice about the saftey course. I took the one in Ohio last year and that is how I got my motorcycle license. See ya, TmrHrrs

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
ROFL!!!!
Dave and Wyo are just a taste of the good fun we all have here. This board is an excellent source of all things Harley, and it always seems to get at least a smile out of me when my day seems like a total loss. Welcome, and please share in the thoughts, opinions, and general madness :)

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome aboard,TmrHrrs !

Congrats on making the jump from being on the back of a scooter to your own.There is a gaggle of knowledgable ladies in here,you'll fit right in!

Post often & enjoy!!
guido
p.s. Dave,PLEASE,no pictures! lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I love everybody's sense of humor here! Thanks for the smiles, especially here in Ohio where the weather is gloomy, gloomy, and gloomy. Stratou812, hope you get to go for your ride. Yesterday it got up to 50 here and I could have went out for a bit but I have two leaky rocker boxes that I am fixing. Ride safe!
TmrHrrs

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Welcome!

Nice to see another lady rider on the board and on the road. I started the same way you did and have upgraded to a 2003 Fatboy. Doing the changes required for me to ride it with ease. Can't wait for warmer weather. I live about Northeast of Indianapolis. Not to far from Ohio. Couple hours from the border. Hey us ladies are out numbered so post often! Welcome aboard and ride safe!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts