V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We just started using these, I and I have to say very nice design. We are stocking these and the tool for install. We have seen where customers are having trouble getting the clip into the piston, loosing the clip when it goes flying across the shop etc.

As well the upside to these is that they can never rotate in the piston. I know that some have made the copper tube tool or notched a set of needle nose pliers. They all work, but if you have to get the clip out , these are a dream they come right back out.

Clips are like 1.75 each and the tool is about 46 bucks. they make them in 5 or 6 size clips ( thickness)

Crap I cannot get the link to work on you tube on removal. But you just slip the tool back on the clip pull back and the clip pops right out. I sat here and installed and removed one at least a dozen times, not a mark on the piston, or a burr that would hold the pin from sliding in and out.

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts
Those look to be a vast improvement over the stock units.

What does the kit cost?

(Edit: Gee thanks Steve for editing your post to put the price in after I posted this)

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
pulling motor apart....

Replacing pistons and valve springs. found 3 out of 4 inner valve springs broken! I'll be ordering the clips and tool

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Yeah, no kidding Mother. Inquiring minds want to know! -Tutt

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Leineweber 2EA springs, should've run his 2ET springs. Looking at Wood Performance W188-1200-10L. No damage, but i can see a witness mark where my rear exhaust valve just kissed the piston.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Anyway, I was going to ask GMR if he has used these and how many? As I'm replacing my pistons now and am wondering if these are worth ordering?

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have installed 3 sets of these thus far. They are new to the market. For us the install is easy either way, but for the avg customer this will make the job go smoother, and easier.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
copy/paste
Install video:
youtube.com/watch?v=E4dN6Q30mJk

Removal video:
youtube.com/watch?v=AVY3Yk2Hwk8

Steve,
These locks on MTC pistons perhaps??
Seems I was offered these (Sure-Lox) on a set of MTC specials I had made. More end-user friendly...but went with the regular .073's at the time
John

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Those rock Steve! I think my thumbs still hurt from the last set. I need a set of those and a tool with the 98" set-up you are working on for me now.:clap:

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The clips are made by a guy that works at CP. they are .073 wire as well size did not change for the CP piston.

Sure thing , will add them to the order. Now just tell your buddy to keep the frotn end on the ground on the other kit ;)

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Steve, those 98" kits of yours are so much fun in our old 5 speed bikes. The bang for the buck is awesome. Roberts Fatboy will pull the front end with a good throttle crack and still gets over 43 MPG with a carb! I was on the UC getting on I-90 East at exit 37 in SD this summer and was running through the gears and hit fourth as I was getting ready to merge. I was having fun watching the others shrink in the mirror as they tried to keep up when I realized I was going way faster than the interstate traffic. I looked down and was doing over 100 and still on the onramp! #[email protected] Dang thing is so smooth it's gonna land me in jail! I'll be callin Steve for bail money cuz I'm sure the wife would let me set and rot. :hystria:
Thanks for all the grins this summer! I'll get those other cylinders out to you in the next couple days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts