V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 98 Road Glide last week and I figured I'd post a few pics of it. These were taken up in WI where I bought it. I am giving the faring to my dad so he can make a Tour Glide out of his Ultra and I am replacing the parts with a Road King nacelle, headlamp,light bar and windshield. It will sort of look like an FLHT-S when done. So far, I have put in a set of drag pipes and will rejet the carb when I get it on the road. Ill post a few pics when I am done.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Right Side

·
Registered
688 Posts
doc526, Congrats on the purchase. Nice ride!! How do you like that rider backrest?

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Hey Doc,

Doesn't the Road Glide have the setback fork arrangement as did the old Tour Glide? Eric Buell designed the set-up when he was working for Harley-Davidson. It might be worth checking into it unless you're prepared to throw a ton of money at the conversion.

SS

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already checked out the arrangement. I have looked at the same year RK and everything seems to fit. The parts are arriving sometime this week and Ill keep you posted on the results. The speedo and tach are staying in the same position unless I am going to make a custom mount. It will be a few weeks before I am done because I will be away for christmas break. So far I have about $600 into the conversion. (nacelles,filler strip,winshield,headlamp assy.)

cromagnum: Thanks! Im not really keen on the back rest. Ill probally not use it since I am used to the sportster not haveing one. My dad has one like it and he says that it pushes him too far on the tank so he does not use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts