V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I work for an HD dealer and have now for over 4 years. I've worked in most every department besides the shop. Currently a salesman and am looking to stay interested in what's happening in the community.

My first bike was a 2003 Honda Shadow750. The first time I took it out on the road I ran out of gas and have kept close eyes on my trip ever since.

I ride an 04 FXSTBI which I love, but am currently in the process of trading up for a VRSCA.

I am not a biker. I am a motorcyclist.

My biggest pet peve is the myth of solid wheels.

Thanks for the hospitality and happy riding. (If you're lucky enough to have decent enough conditions for it). Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Hey theredstrat,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay here. So, what is it you have come to conclusion about regarding solid wheels.

8-Ball

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to the Motorcycle enthusiasts, biker forum.

Hope you will get what you are looking for here at this showcase on two wheels of a forum.

Post up and share the legend with us bikers,clowns and motorcycle enthusiasts here at the VTF.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Regarding solid wheels,

They don't catch crosswinds and affect your handling negatively any more than do cast spoke or laced spoke wheels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the way, 8-Ball
Great looking King. I've always liked a white bike. The contrast between black leather, white paint, and chrome is beautiful.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Hey Theredstrat, welcome to VTF. You'll like it here. Plenty of folks that like to share knowledge and stories.

Post often and ride safe!

Ray

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum!! Be careful with solid wheels. :bleh: (just shittin' ya.) Post up often and enjoy.

·
natural-born world-shaker
2,978 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Tell us about the red strat. Agree with you on the solid wheels. MY pet peeve is when someone implies my ass looks fat in chaps.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
theredstrat said:
Regarding solid wheels,

They don't catch crosswinds and affect your handling negatively any more than do cast spoke or laced spoke wheels.
This has always been my thought as well... glad to have it confirmed.

theredstrat said:
By the way, 8-Ball
Great looking King. I've always liked a white bike. The contrast between black leather, white paint, and chrome is beautiful.
Thanks man...

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Welcome to another Va rider...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts