V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
As you can see I am new to the forum but not HD. Been on Harley since I was 15 (it was great having Granpa and Pops riding!). Have own 3 Sportsters ('67, 70 and 79) one 83 FXE and 90 FXR. The 83 FX being my first big twin, hence the name HOGG831. My riding style has changed now I am the proud owner of a 2003 Ultra Classic. Being retired military, I have had the opportunity to ride pretty much across the good ole USA (to include Hawaii), Panama, Germany and South Korea.

Thanks for the great site and forum. I am still going through the various forums and enjoy the tales, comradery and advice from all.

See ya n da wind!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome hogg831! Glad you joined the forum. As you may have discovered already there is a lot of good information here and there are many smart guys that help the other members with all sorts of problems/issues.
And let me thank you for your service to our country.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome! Hopefully I'll have a bit to offer all. I"ll be certain to check out the Vet's Forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

Sounds like you have a lot of experience under your belt. I am also ex-military and coincidentally a new owner of an '03 Ultra. It makes me feel good to hear that an ole salt like yourself selected comfort over adrenaline. Just kidding.
Let me know how you like the bike. I am having a little trouble adjusting, my previous ride was a Wide Glide. The bike is heavier and I find myself carefully planning where I park. The ride is fantastic! The sound system is really nice! My wife is in heaven and the bank loves me.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Captain Dorsey,
Thanks for your service! You just don't know how close to the truth you are; "It makes me feel good to hear that an ole salt like yourself selected comfort over adrenaline." But I still feel the adrenaline pumping even on the cruzer. I can relate to the parking, I'm only 5'7" 160lbs, I also do a lot of surveying now that I didn't do with the Superglide or Lowrider. "My wife is in heaven and the bank loves me." Ditto!!!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Cap'n D, and Hogg...I can relate to the part about being careful where you park. I recently traded my Lowrider for a FLHPI. As I am 5' 8", 140 pounds soakin' wet, I really have to be careful. Thank goodness my legs reach the ground !

twincamzz
Welcome to the Forum !!

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
{salute( Thanks Frank!!

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
hmc_retired said:
Dennis, give this man a hug.....seems he could use one about now! !drunk!
Can't be too careful! Ya know all them Frank's look alike! :Dennis

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
.....you guys are nothing but hooligans!

Yes its the REAL one.......all the others are mere imitations....poor ones at that!

That damn Dennis will hug anybody! Made my hug feel real cheap and dirty!

Hey Mikey! ..............................

cox9000, yea wonder what happened to him...I guess once he got his ride....he refused to come home!

Thanks guys!!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:yikes: ............... :duh?:................. :happybd: ...................... :roflback:

.....short lesson in life.....

....don't challenge the Redhead! :roflback:

·
Banned
254 Posts
hogg831 said:
:yikes: ............... :duh?:................. :happybd: ...................... :roflback:
.....short lesson in life.....
....don't challenge the Redhead! :roflback:
:roflback: ....

YOu and I both know that it could've been soooo much worse! :roflback: ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts