V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey! I was just browsing around and accidently ran across the forum. Looks like it's going to be great place to hang out and chat too!

I guess I'll start out with telling you all about my bike. She started life as a 1993 883 Sportster. Since her purchase, I have upgraded her to 1200cc, Barnett clutch, ported and polished heads, dynojet upgrade, portmatched and polished intake, and straight pipes(not a hp improver but keeps the nonattentive attentive). Last time I dyno'd her, she was pushing 65hp with a blown head gasket(did not realize this till I got her back home and oil leaking on the back cylinder). Her frame has also been replaced by Harley because the fender supports just past the rear shocks broke. This is one of the main reasons why the sportsters frame changed in 94. The frames also crack somewhere behind the battery.

Last July, I wasted a piston and now currently in the rebuilding stages of the motor. Mods will be Forged 1200cc pistons, static and dynamic balance of rotating assembly, roller rockers, adjustable pushrods, S&S or 44mm CV carb, cams(Don't know yet), Vance&Hines or Cobra exhaust, belt to chain conversion, extended swingarm, dual disc upgrade, fork brace, steering dampner, and a LOT of praying when I activate the nitrous.

She should be back on the road sometime during summer.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Welcom to the family. I hope your scoot gets running again really soon.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
HD1200, Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you have a lot of goodies planned for the Sporty. Pust up often on the progress. If you have any questions please feel free to ask as there are a lot of knowlegable people here.

Peace

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm invite. I will defanitely keep you all posted with the progress on the bike. So far the top end is off the bike and the heads are being checked and cleaned. I will be pulling the rest of the motor out this weekend so that I can split the cases and take the rotating assembly over to Redline Racing for balancing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts