V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Seasoned Rider
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! With the purchase of my 3rd Harley, I decided to join the Forum for tips, support, etc.

I got my first Harley in 1992, a Heritage Moo Glide. I really liked the whole Harley experience, and put quite a few miles on the Softail, but I always disliked the heavy vibration, and was looking for a smoother ride.

In late 1996, I sold the Heritage and purchased a fuel injected Road King. I put 20,000 miles on this bike and really enjoyed the ride.

With the coming of the 100 Anniversary models, I decided to sell the Road King in early 2002. I went almost 10 months with no motorcycle but last weekend, I picked up my new Anniversary Road King Classic. All I can say is what an improvement over my 1996 bike! I look forward to many pleasant miles on this bike. I left the dealership after getting the Stage II Big Bore Kit w\cam, performance exhaust, and a few chrome trinkets to boot.

I am married (my wife rides too but she sold her Dyna to save up for a horse), w/ no kids and live in Atlanta. Maybe I will see some of you on the road.

Ride Safe!

BBQHOG

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome bbqhog, welcome to the forums, certain you'll enjoy.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Welcome to the best info and BS exchange in the free world. Baggers are comfy!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
bbqhog said:
...I left the dealership after getting the Stage II Big Bore Kit w\cam, performance exhaust, and a few chrome trinkets to boot.

BBQ, Welcome to the Forum. Just curious, what cams / exhaust did you go with ?
Ride Safe & post often !

·
Seasoned Rider
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Re: New to the Forum

twincamzz said:

BBQ, Welcome to the Forum. Just curious, what cams / exhaust did you go with ?
Ride Safe & post often !
Harley calls the cam included in the Stage II Big Bore Kit the Stage II cam. I'm not sure about the actual specs. The exhaust is the Performance Slip-on designed for the Big Bore upgrade.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome BBQHOG,

Maybe if you get to one of the Bike Weeks a bunch of us can hook up. I am planning on attending the Outer Banks Bike Week in NC, in April. With 3 bikes I am sure you have plenty of knowledge to share with us too.

Thanks and welcome again to the forum,

Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts