V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy from the Houston area by a Louisiana transplant. I’ve been riding a few years with my wife of 31 years. We have two married sons, three grandkids and a fourth due in July.

Together, we currently have four iron horses in the garage. My wife has a 2018 H-D Heritage Classic and a 2015 H-D Street 750. I have a 2017 Indian Springfield and a 2006 Suzuki Boulevard M50 that our youngest son rides most of the time.

In addition to our bikes, I help maintain my brother’s 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500. We also ride with our father who bought a 2019 Tri-Glide this summer after a five-year stint without a bike.

Been watching the forum for a bit, but didn’t realize I had not registered until today. Due to the diversity of the bikes, I participate in a few forums. This one seems to have all of the bases covered.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome from Tucson, Az. 70 year old with wife of 47 years, 3 sons married 2 still are. Seven grandkids and wife wants me to trade my Heratige Classic for a Tri-glide. I am resisting.

·
Registered
11,486 Posts
Welcome from Tucson, Az. 70 year old with wife of 47 years, 3 sons married 2 still are. Seven grandkids and wife wants me to trade my Heratige Classic for a Tri-glide. I am resisting.
Resist as long as possible. You could keep the Heritage for your pleasure and ride the OL on the triglide. I enjoy my trike, because I can't ride the hog any longer. I'm looking for something lighter perhaps a 900 Vulcan or M50.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
A vlogger named "Georgia Ramblin Man" rides a m50 and speakes highly of it.

·
Registered
11,486 Posts
I had a 01 Volusia 800 which is practically the same thing except I couldn't find any spots for that year. Rode it for 7 yrs before buying the Heritage. The road between Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg TN is 35 mph. A Porche and I did 70 through those curves my floorboards looked like knives. I had pegs on the crashbar and with feet up the bike was perfectly balanced. After buying the Harley I was disappointed by the piss poor suspension on tight curvy roads.

The trike is like riding on the hood of a Cadillac and it is easy to forget I am on a trike. Be careful of pulling next to a bike with hard saddlebags or posts at gas stations. It too has crashbars with pegs and I take curves with ease with my feet up. Take the Dragon or the Snake and stay 2-3rd anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A vlogger named "Georgia Ramblin Man" rides a m50 and speakes highly of it.
I enjoy riding the M50, as does my son. Whenever I mention trading it for something else, he usually just says, “I really like the M50.” It is a comfortable bike to ride on and doesn’t feel very heavy.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had a VStar 1300 before my Heritage, nice bike but the motor had a wine to it that bothered me. The suspension was better but to me the Harly handles better. PLUS I have Harley Davidson tattooed on my left shoulder, not cool on a VStar.:cool:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Got a jacket from when I road Harleys 15 years ago, laised sides so expandable. But thanks for the thought.

·
Registered
11,486 Posts
I mean cheap I paid 200 from a member wore it once. Don't know how much he wore it. I bought it, because I wanted it is all.

·
Registered
123 Posts
What size, how cheap, lets see a pick. My shoulders are 20" wide, arms 21", waist 38".

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you a 2x I will sell you a Harley leather jacket for cheap.

Since the wife is the one with the Harley’s, she is the only one with Harley gear. I wear an Indian Motorcycles Mesh jacket or a leather jacket with a large USMC patch on the back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts