1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Nice ride.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks for the reminder to kick myself for NOT taking up a friend of mine (nicknamed Moondoggie the Ugly Pup) who offered me his '65 Pan for $500 back in the late '80s (even though I didn't have $500 at the time). He told me it was still in crates from when he wrecked it, but he had all the parts to restore it with it. MAN, I REALLY wish I had gotten it, NOW, after seeing THIS one!!

·
Registered
9,033 Posts
alot of my friends had pans,, when I had a shovel,,, I really don't know anything about pans,,, shovels forward,, I got you covered... lol.

that is a beautiful old school.bike,,, reminds me of a friends pan chop,, christine

·
Registered
8 Posts
An absolute gem.
My 1st bike I built from boxes of parts, all there. All 3boxes cost me $600 back in 1969. I chopped it and threw the unused OEM parts away (not thinking). The bike was as '53 Panhead. I've had regrets ever since. Would love to have a second chance...

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Made some changes......

Stripped bike down completely...
Blasted welded and repainted frame. Had sketchy welds under lotsa bondo...

Added belt primary. Rebuilt ratchet top. 14” apes with internal throttle. New tires. Swapped sporty tank onto it. Rewired. New headlight/taillight. New rear backing plate and brake shoes. New finned front drum/shoes. Added rear wheel cover. Hand painted Bar n Shield on tank. New front brake cable. Shortened pipes a bit and added more mounting tabs. Chrome intake manifold. New battery/ ignition switch. One kick bike hot/ cold.

Runs sweeeet!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
1981 FLT
14 Posts
Man I love the sound of a well tuned Pan! Makes me want to change the pipes on my Shovel.

Sweet, sweet ride brother (y)(y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts