V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Seasoned Rider
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to say hi.

glad i found this place, really good to get advise from people who know what they are talking about. tired of advise from dealer trained flunkys.
got first h-d in sept. "00, new flhri. been to myrtle beach bikeweek in "01 & "02. RODE there! have 15,000 miles on bike so far. love it. from chambersburg, pa. got laid off from a job of 23 years, may "01. so racking up the miles. no jobs in this area now. well just wanted to say , nice site!!!!!!!

mark

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome to the board, you have one very nice Road King there. Glad you found this board and hope things get better for you in the employment area, that got to be hard on you.

Good luck and again welcome

Dave

·
Registered
695 Posts
roadking43,
Real nice looking bike, I imagine you think so also. Welcome to the forum and glad you posted a pic of your bike.
Sorry to hear about your job, 23 years is a long time to give any company -- and then to just lose it all -- well, I couldn't even guess what you feel. What kind of work did you do? Maybe there are some folks out here that could help. I hate to hear of anybody out of work when they're willing to work.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I know of a CNC shop that I do work with, to get spark plug plates made for me. Don't know if you'd be interested or not but they are in Mount Aire MD. Also the H-D dealer in Frederick MD, I heard has a real nice machine shop but no one knows enough to run it. I purchased my bike from them if you are interested I'll check with them.

Oh, if you are interested in what I do as a hobby, here is my web page:

http://www.omni-vr4.com/DBest/

Let me know if you'd like me to ask around, I am getting ready to get 100+ more plates, supply is starting to run low.

Dave

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Ah, purple! My favorite motorcycle color. Welcome aboard to you and all the other new members that have joined and I did not get the chance to reply to. :Dennis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts