V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved to the Dallas area after spending 5 years in Austin. The riding in the Central Texas / Hill Country area was amazing. I am already missing it. The cold weather has tempered my riding desire just a little, but I will be chomping at the bit come spring.

I am looking to hook up with some experienced North Texas riders or at least some suggestions of good close (and not so close) weekend rides. I know I may not find anything as fine as the Hill Country but I still will be doing a lot of rides anyway.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
01PurpRK said:
........I am looking to hook up with some experienced North Texas riders or at least some suggestions of good close (and not so close) weekend rides. I know I may not find anything as fine as the Hill Country but I still will be doing a lot of rides anyway......Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Just ride over to Strokers Ice House on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon/eve'n and you'll hook up with a lot of fellows. Down a few with Rick and he'll connect ya.

o~\o

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
What part of Dallas? I am looking for the same. I am in the Lewisville area.
It's 90 miles into the mountains of OK from me. Good riding up there.
Going east is good to get into Pines and green country.
Long way West to anything.
At least the coast is only a day away.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We are looking to buy a house in McKinney. I work in Richardson and currently live in Plano.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Go to some of the area biker bars, you'll meet alot of good people. My local hang out is Thunderhorse in Lewisville. Strokers is good and in Ft. Worth there's Underground Icehouse and the Stockyards. I have met alots of people in these places that can tell you about some good places to ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts