V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1

just another Canadian. I鈥檝e got a Japanese twin, Italian Twin and just inherited this beauty 06 Softail American Twin that was built by my father. Having issues with idling when warm so off to to find that search button. 馃馃槑

Registered
twins are my favorite bike motors, parallel or V (triumph, harley).
sounds like you got em almost covered.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
u prob gotta hang on for dear life on that one...wen u get it dialed in
I hope so. It was fun on my one and only ride about 5yrs ago. Looking forward to getting my issues sorted and going for a scoot.

Registered
well,, nice color,,, its an S&S motor,, at least the rocker boxes and timer cover are... you need to find out what size engine it is.. before you start messing with it.. you can take the engine serial # and the head id numbers ( stamped on the heads right at the exhaust ports), if it was not a complete crate motor... they will ask about the head #'s,, the zerial # is on the left side of the crank cases,, just kind of below and parallel to the oil filter,, it will say something like super sidewinder or the same with + behind it,, that will at least put you in the.4" bore or 4.125" bore neighborhood..

Registered
Welcome to the forum. And a first poster that will look for the search button to boot. (y)

Reactions: Crazy_qbz

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
well,, nice color,,, its an S&S motor,, at least the rocker boxes and timer cover are... you need to find out what size engine it is.. before you start messing with it.. you can take the engine serial # and the head id numbers ( stamped on the heads right at the exhaust ports), if it was not a complete crate motor... they will ask about the head #'s,, the zerial # is on the left side of the crank cases,, just kind of below and parallel to the oil filter,, it will say something like super sidewinder or the same with + behind it,, that will at least put you in the.4" bore or 4.125" bore neighborhood..
Thanks for your reply. I actually was involved in the build with my dad. It is a twin cam 124ci. Crate motor with IST ignition. I'm just looking into the lack of idle after a good 20min warm up ride. Crank pos sensor / MAP sensor / Temp sensor something seams to be temp sensitive. Fuel and vacuum appear not to be an issue. having some trouble finding resolve. Seeing how I did the wiring on the bike I'm in the process of checking the harness (probably my [email protected](% up. LOL cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts