V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new tire for my 2002 duce it now has a 160 dunlop on the rear I would like to go to a 180 dunlop if there not a lot of changes required. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ducedan...

Welcome to the forum first off. I think you'll find lots of information here. I changed out my rear to a 180/55 Dunlop (D220) without too much work. The shop I patronize machined the caliper and added a left side spacer to center the tire. Still run upper and lower belt guards and stock belt with lots of clearance. Check out the "Deuce Owners" thread under the Softail Family Forum, there's lots of conversion talk there.

Joe

·
05 Deuce
263 Posts
It was my understanding that you could mount only the SE180 on a stock Deuce rear rim without mods. Any other 180 had to be mounted on a wider rim I thought, in addition to using spacers. I just changed to a 170/60 Metzeler and am impressed with the difference in ride and handling as compared to the stock 160.
BTW, I'm originally from North Carolina, and wish was back there riding. Too many crazy drivers out here in California.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rear tire

I am going to give the S/E 180 a try this weekend, I got a chrome wheel from chrome pros plating and a chrome sprocket cover styled like the duce wheel. I agree about NC great place to live.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ducedan said:
thanks for the welcome, do you know it the spacer was for a screamin eagle duce.
No, it was a machined spacer to match what was machined off the caliper plus what was needed to truely center the tire.

Joe

By the way, I'm running the stock wheel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts