V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read a tech article in American Iron and the guy stated that the new Dyna VTwin is the best VTwin that Harley has ever built and we will see this new engine in the other models in 2007 model year. Said that HD fixed all of the old problems with the TC88's. Opinions?

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
PitBull said:
Just read a tech article in American Iron and the guy stated that the new Dyna VTwin is the best VTwin that Harley has ever built and we will see this new engine in the other models in 2007 model year. Said that HD fixed all of the old problems with the TC88's. Opinions?
I moved your post as it was off topic where you originally posted it. You should get better replies here.

Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
There is already a TSB on the 8 degree fuel injectors. All production after 2/20/06 will get CVO 25 degree fuel injectors. Symptom: cold start issues and backfiring on deceleration in weather under 55 degrees. Mine had 8 degree and runs fine over 60 degrees but does pop under 60. I'll get them replaced at my 1,000 mi service or else! Otherwise the engine is VERY smooth for a TC.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
I guess I'd expect HD to continuously upgrade their product. Especially these days if they expect to stay in business.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got about 4 tho on my 06 Dyna.

So far ok. Runs good cold or hot. Never pops. Bike still has stock mufs and intake. (waiting for perfection of remaps or puters.)

Got this one as feel it will be what HD comes out with in dressers soon. I will need a new tourer in next 4 or 5 years. Got over 110 on current one so will want to replace round 200 tho miles. If this works good for knock around it will be good for dressers.

The O2 set-up will be much like your newer cars are. Turn key and go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts