V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats happening everyone!! I just picked up my new Vivid Black Stret Glide yesterday (with spoke wheels), and I am loving it. I have been around Harleys pretty much my whole life, and grew up wanting to ride and own one. My dream when I turned 16 wasn't a camaro or mustang, it was a Heritage Softail or Fat Boy - but my parents hated bikes, so that was a no go!!!
Anyway, more about me. I am 31, and live in NC. Finally at 25 (after time in the military, and finding a decent job), I was able to afford a brand new '99 Softail Standard, which immediately became "not so" standard. By the time I sold it (which I ONLY sold because I saw the street glide and had to have), it has ape hangers, jockey shift, and black with silver tribal flame paint job. Very nice bike, and hated to sell it, but I fell in love with the street glide.

Anyway, there is my story so far - hope to have many new adventures on the Street Glide. I am already loving the ride and jamming the tunes while jamming the gears. Just waiting to get the 500 "break-in" miles done to get the Rinehart pipes, Screamin Eagle air cleaner Kit and Power Commander put on at the dealer.

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
Welcome!

:welcome: to our VTF ?prty:

Lots of great people and information around here, looks like you have lots of experience to share -- post early and often.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts