V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got a email from Harley announcing their latest sportster. From the video it is aimed at the lady rider.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/cp/06_sportster_xl1200l/en/06_xl1200l.asp?bmLocale=en_US

DIMENSIONS U.S. UNITS
Length 90.3 in.

Seat Height

Laden 26.25 in.

Unladen 28.0 in.

Ground Clearance 4.4 in.

Rake Steering Head/Trail 29.6º / 4.6 in.

Wheelbase 60.0 in.

Fuel Capacity 4.5 gals.

Oil Capacity 3.6 qts.

Weight

Dry Weight 554.0 lbs.

Running Order 575.0 lbs.

POWERTRAIN
Engine Evolution®

Displacement 73.20 in.³

Bore x Stroke 3.50 in. x 3.81 in.

Engine Torque 79.0 ft. lbs. @ 3500 rpm

Fuel System Carburetor

Compression Ratio 9.7:1

Miles per Gallon

Carb. 52 hwy / 45 city

ESPFI N/A

Primary Drive Chain

Gear Ratio (overall)

1st 9.315

2nd 6.653

3rd 4.948

4th 4.102

5th 3.517

6th N/A

WHEELS/TIRES
Wheels

Front Black 13-spoke cast aluminum

Rear Black 13-spoke cast aluminum

Tire Size

Front 100/90-19 57H

Rear 150/80B16 71H

ELECTRICAL

Instruments Electronic speedometer; odometer; resettable tripmeter; diagnostic readout

Indicator Lamps High beam; neutral; low oil pressure; turn signals; engine diagnostics; security system (optional)

CHASSIS
Brakes

Front Single

Rear Single

Lean Angle (per SAEJ1168) 30º / 31º

Exhaust System Chrome, staggered shorty duals

COLOR OPTIONS
Vivid black, brilliant silver, deep cobalt, glacier white pearl, brandy wine sunglo, two-tone black cherry and black pearl, two-tone glacier white pearl and vivid black, two-tone fire red and vivid black

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
Security system; steel laced wheel

UNIQUE FEATURES
New striping pattern; 3-D tank emblem; pullback handlebar; 2-up Badlander® style seat; new air cleaner graphic

PRICING
MSRP

Vivid black $9,395

Color $9,615

Two-tone $9,815

Anodized N/A

Wheel Option $320

Chrome Engine Covers Option N/A

H-D® Factory Security System $275

ESPFI N/A

California Emissions

Carb. $120

ESPFI N/A

Freight (applies to the 48 contiguous states and Alaska only) $245

Measurement reflects 180 lb. / 81.7 kg operator weight.

Includes reserve on carburetor-equipped models.

Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2 (87 octane or higher for XL 883 models).

Per SAE J607.

Values shown are nominal. Performance varies by country.

Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country.

Based on tests conducted under ideal lab conditions per U.S.E.P.A. test procedures. Your mileage will vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration. Break-in mileage will vary.

Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region.

Availability of colors may vary from dealer to dealer, and is subject to change without notice.

Prices listed are the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices for sale in the United States of America. Options such as color, laced wheel and fuel systems are available at additional cost. Prices exclude dealer setup, taxes, title and licensing and are subject to change. Dealer prices may vary.

·
Registered
309 Posts
i guess its just a contemporary version of the sportster hugger model.

heck, it'll save the folks who feel the urge to lower their bikes some time, although with lean angles of 31 and 30 degrees, i hope who ever purchases this model lives in a flat area.

-dogtown max

·
Kilted Werewolf
390 Posts
Aimed at lady riders for sure...although it's nothing that a fat short monkey like myself couldn't benefit from either....lol.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Wolffman said:
Aimed at lady riders for sure...although it's nothing that a fat short monkey like myself couldn't benefit from either....lol.
Just get a Fatboy, it has a lower seat height than this 1200L. Always thought that it was kinda funny that the bigger bike have a shorter seat height than the Sportsters.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Ok, I sold my '05 XL 1200C last Winter 'cuz my wife refused to ride it. Too top heavy she said. Got what I paid for it so it didn't sting too bad. I hated to see her go though. Stage 1 Vivid Black of course. Now she tried one of these new 1200 Lows and she is in love. Just has to have it. Come spring I think we'll finally have an all Harley garage.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
HD-LUX said:
Ok, I sold my '05 XL 1200C last Winter 'cuz my wife refused to ride it. Too top heavy she said. Got what I paid for it so it didn't sting too bad. I hated to see her go though. Stage 1 Vivid Black of course. Now she tried one of these new 1200 Lows and she is in love. Just has to have it. Come spring I think we'll finally have an all Harley garage.

Here's the one she's in love with. White and black.
Those are the colors Linda likes too...I see a possible problem in the making...:duh?:

·
Registered
507 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
Those are the colors Linda likes too...I see a possible problem in the making...:duh?:
Make it easy, one of ya get the steel laced wheel option
:hmmm:

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
MadCity said:
Somebody already started a thread on this in the Sporty forum.
Lemmie see...since I don't own a Sporty...:bleh: ...seriously thanks for the info...

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
It's the SAME seat height as a 1200C laden , plus it doesn't have the goodies . The unladen seat heght is lower only.

·
Registered
733 Posts
dogtownmax said:
although with lean angles of 31 and 30 degrees, i hope who ever purchases this model lives in a flat area.

-dogtown max
How much lean angle do you need? That's right on par with the majority of all the other bikes in the Harley line-up, with the exception of the Street-Rod. Most people don't scrape their pegs when they ride, and if they do, then this bike is the wrong tool for the job.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Sat on a 1200 Low today...I'll tell you what...its a nice feeling bike. We were getting my wife a Dyna but she sat on the 1200 low today and said that was her bike.

I love the 19" front wheel with the laced wheel upgrade and I like the pull back handlebars. I'd rather have the forward controls but my wife seems to think she would rather have the mids and highway pegs.

Fine with me...1200 low over the Dyna saves me about $3,000. It is a very nice bike.

Also...it seems like it is so much easier to pick up and move around than my '06 1200 custom. I think its because of the 19" front tire. I'm upgrading mine to the 19" laced wheel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts