27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think?

Worth the money?

I like the idea of having a Tach

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,763 Posts
I like it. I'm all about monitoring my machine. (I have 7 gages on my FXRT.)

joe

·
Weathered
38 Posts
:hmmm: !!thumbs

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Say's it'll fit 2011 with 4'' face...will have to stop by the dealer tonight and find out...Harley makes it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thats sweet ! my 06 has the speedo built into the upper handlerbar mount so when I tried t put pullback risers on to fit me good the speedo was tilted back and looks like crap, I wish I had a console on the tank or some other waY TO MOUNT THE SPEEDO, ANY IDEAS? jOE

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
I like it, but I'd rather have a bar mounted tach so I don't have to look down to monitor what's going on while I'm running through curves and stuff. I feel the tank mounted guages make me take my eyes off the road too long to pay too much attention to them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 2012 has a tachometer build into the trip computer. As you toggle through all the info, you get to the "gear/rpm" which tells you your current gear and rpm. Its very convenient.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is correct. It's a HD part and the parts manager said the same to me about fitment. Damn!
Check out part HD #709000072a. It is identical in appearance and says that it fits older dynas. I understand it comes with a data cable that will pick up the mileage from the old speedo/computer.

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,159 Posts
That looks nice. I'm really glad it wasn't a picture of your new swimsuit.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I like it, but I'd rather have a bar mounted tach so I don't have to look down to monitor what's going on while I'm running through curves and stuff. I feel the tank mounted guages make me take my eyes off the road too long to pay too much attention to them.
I'am with ya about having to look down when you should be looking straight ahead. I thinking about doing a shift light on the bars so i row the gears without relying on the rev limiter.

The new speedo/tach looks way cool, I was checking them out at the local dealer.. Very nice You made a wise choice.....

S.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts