V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Progressive shocks just arrived in the mail today and wasted no time in getting them installed. Woohoo...love them!! They really change the looks of the bike as well as the handling. Pics to follow in a couple of days. Just one quick question though:

1. Do I need to get the belt tension readjusted? If so is this something I can do at home or do I need to get one of those special belt tension tools

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have had no problems with my belt tension with 11" progressives on my bike, but if it is something I need to do, then I want in on the info as well...
Come to think of it though, if adjustment was needed if you lowered the bike, wouldnt you need to do it for the bolt on White Bros kit too? There wasnt any mention of anything about that... ah, i wouldnt worry too much ...:)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ehrgeiz, when I installed the lowering kit, bike was only lowered about 1/2" to 1", so, did not think it would be a problem. Bike is now lowered alot more and was just curious. BTW, how many miles have you put on since installing the Progressive's? Any sign of premature belt wear? I would hate to have this thing break on me somewhere on the highway as well as any additional wear and tear on the bearings. One last question: My shocks did not come with any instructions on setting the preload/tension. How do I go about doing that? Do I simply rotate the adjusters counterclockwise (0 base setting?) and start from there? Thanks for any info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts