V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 04 Roadking Custom and i've had the stock seat since i bought it...i think it's time for an upgrade before spring....
do any of you have any thoughts on a solo seat with the detachable passenger seat...the guy at Mustang said the solo seat will follow the frame rake better and be more comfortable and offer more back support with the passenger seat attached...i also like the idea of a solo seat by itself and the retro look...have any of you tried this?? feel free to post opinions, thx in advance..

·
Registered
404 Posts
Lepera Monterey Solo seat with removable passenger pillion. They will customize it anyway you want. It has worked great for my 'GLide.

·
Another Great Day to Ride
963 Posts
Run a search for my post on C&C Motorcycle seats. You can see a photo of their solo on my bike by using the link in my sig. It came with a matching passenger pillon that I still haven't taken photos of. The price if this guy's seats is great and the quality and customer service is top notch!

E

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
I don't have the set up you describe, but I sure like my Mustang. I ride with the two-up wide touring seat on my Road King Standard. It's a great improvement over stock. The one thing most of us can agree on is that the stock seat sucks.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I have exactly your situation and this is what I did:

Corbin Classic Solo (customized by factory to my height/inseam - no charge).
Corbin Touring Pillion
Corbin matchin backrest pad.
HD detachable sissy bar (tall) for passenger backrest pad.

Looks great and extremely comfortable.

You can also have them scoop out the saddle pad to lower you into the bike more... I did and it was a good call. I had them narrow the front of the seat at the tank (nose job) which is closer to the stock seat width.

Corbin also has the key lock which i like.

One more thing, you can get a locking clasp for the sissy bar which locks the passenger pillion in the process. I like this after spending 1k on a dam- seat.

I may be able to take some pics today. I'll post them if I do.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Sweet bike bro...I got a yellow pearl one on the way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok thx guys....give me something to think about before spring...if any of you have pictures of a roadking, pref RK Custom with just the solo seat i'd like to take a look....i like the look of the RK's with just the solo seat....it's also nice to have the option of attaching the pass pillion for the wife.....thx again..

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Copper118 said:
ok thx guys....give me something to think about before spring...if any of you have pictures of a roadking, pref RK Custom with just the solo seat i'd like to take a look....i like the look of the RK's with just the solo seat....it's also nice to have the option of attaching the pass pillion for the wife.....thx again..
Click the link at the bottom of my post. It shows my RK Custom with just the Corbin Classic Solo seat and no windshield. The wife makes me put all that other crap on when she comes along (can't see why she can't just sit on the tank facing me). When I ride alone, the solo seat is all that goes with me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thx 8-ball.....for some reason the link doesn't take me to a picture on my computer....i clicked on the "seat" tab and found the pics of your bike with the seat/pillion/sissy bar....nice set up too....i also like the color, that may have been my first choice in color had they offered it in 04.....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Copper118 said:
copper - here's a pic of my 04 rk classic with the mustang solo seat.

i have the set up you describe, solo seat with detachable passenger pillion and absolutley love it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts