V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2005 Roadglide with a stock seat. I like the seat but after 130,000 miles, it's time for a replacement. For me, the seat's comfortable, I have no problems doing 12+ hours on it. My wife has a different opinion of it, too narrow and too thin. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I'm like you with no problems with the original seat but my wife had the same issue as yours. Bottom line, I changed the seat with a Mustang one piece Regal. I must say it is nice and the wife loves it now. Got mine on Ebay, much cheaper.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Cobbs,
I agree with you on the Roadglide seat,,I used one for almost 10 years and 75,000 miles,I transfered it thru 3 different bikes before I finally retired it and now a buddy of mine is riding on it (he's alot smaller/lighter than I am) and he loves it.

When I retired my RG seat due to me getting older and fatter, I went to a C&C Sport Touring seat with gel inserts for the wife and I both,,shes happy and so am I, the foam in the C&C is a little firmer than the HD seat but the gel inserts help insulate from road shock/vibration.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Best thing I ever did (In the seat department) was go to the HD shop with my wife and test sit on one of those frames that they swap out seats for you test.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts