V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my wife's coworkers has a low rider and has been struggling to find a seat that he likes. He has a Corbin Gunfighter & Lady that didn't fit him and has offered it to us to try this weekend. My wife has been after me to replace the stock seat with something that will be alittle more comfortable for longer trips.

Does anyone have any experience with this seat from Corbin? I have heard that they are great but take some time to break in. I took my seat off last night so I'm ready to go!

Thanks
Ray

B

·
0 Posts
No personal experience, but I've heard mostly good reports from others. I'm thinking of getting the same seat for my FXDXT, let us know how you like it...

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We plan a Sunday ride with Fairfax Hog and will do about 120 miles so it should be a reasonably good test. I'll have a full report on Monday

Ray

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same seat (Corbin Gunfighter & Lady w/ the removable backrest that goes behind the rider or the passenger). It's a real nice seat & looks good, but pretty pricey at around $550+ (that's what i payed with the backrest). My wife loved the comfort, but I actually preferred my stock ('96 FXDL) seat. Just fit me better. Anyway, I recommend it.

If anyone wants mine, I'm asking $300 complete with backrest (seat is about 3 years old & in great condition). I live in CT.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Maybe me..

richkorn1 said:
I have the same seat (Corbin Gunfighter & Lady w/ the removable backrest that goes behind the rider or the passenger). It's a real nice seat & looks good, but pretty pricey at around $550+ (that's what i payed with the backrest). My wife loved the comfort, but I actually preferred my stock ('96 FXDL) seat. Just fit me better. Anyway, I recommend it.

If anyone wants mine, I'm asking $300 complete with backrest (seat is about 3 years old & in great condition). I live in CT.
I may be interested...Looking @ a sundowner seat now..
But, Can you post a pic...IF it'll fit an 01DYNA??

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the voting is on on the Corbin Gunfighter and Lady for our FXDL. It was an "ok" seat for me but my wife liked it as it was wider than the stock seat but the stock seat is her only point of comparison so we need to try others. The seat is very firm and the pillion is reasonable formed. My wife complained about sliding forward and having to reposition herself. (Probably more my driving than the seat !) I think I'm going to try the Sundowner touring seat from HD. My dealer said to come in and they would let me try it for an afternoon to see if we liked it. The price for the one year old corbin with 1,000 plus miles was $300. The seat new is $399. No bargin in my book with the Sundowner at $269.

I'll keep posting as my search continues !

Ray

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got a Mustang Touring seat for my 2kFXDL and absolutely love it.. 1800 miles in 4 days without "butt burn"..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts