V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to change the seat on my 883C, and wanted some suggestions. I like the HD Deluxe Touring seats looks, but looks won't make the rump feel better if the seat isn't up too snuff. Have heard good things about Mustang. Looking for a seat that I can take my girlfriend with me and she won't kill me when she gets off. Not going to do any 1000 mile trips, but do want some comfort. Thanks

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I let my wife ride on my friends 1200 Custom the other day. She said that seat was MUCH more comfortable. I found one online for $60. A lot of the 1200C seats can be found for sale on eBay, or other forums. Mine should be delivered this week sometime. More cushion for rider and passenger.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
I just ordered a Mustang Sport Touring Seat #75733 for my '03 1200S yesterday....should be in in a few days. I'll let you know how the comfort levels are front and rear. The best price I found was at Direct Parts. They do not, however, offer the free exchange policy that is offered by buying directly from Mustang.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Using the Mustang wide vintage one piece for trips. This seat is very comfortable for long trips and the wife likes it very much. In 2 years
it has weathered well and no deterioation noticed. The only thing I
would have done different is to get the two piece, so I could make it a solo when not going two up. About $340 direct from Mustang, but you
could check around and find it a little cheaper I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
I managed to pick up an HD Dual Touring seat for my 02 883C for $20.00 at a local swap meet. It was dirty and had some mildew but cleaned up like new. I used it for a Toys for Tots run with my wife and we both thought the seat was awesome. Definately better than the stock seat for long trips. Looks ok but that's just my opinion. I like the look of the stock seat better but my a$$ prefers the dual touring.

later,
KrustyTC

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
As promised above, here is my 1200S seat replacement info.......

I received the Mustang Sport Touring seat (#75733) and put it on three or four days ago. It's truly outstanding......all the difference in the world, both front and rear, and looks good. Best money I've spent so far.

·
Registered
11 Posts
seat...

Based on my seat to seat(!!) interface, I can wholeheartedly recommend Mustang's seat....excellent product. The wide one will really give you comfort, front and rear. I went with the 12.5" wide...good for up to @ 150 miles for me. Rear is never used on it so can't speak to its comfort. Main reason I went with the narrower seat was looks: I felt it visually "fit" the narrow Sporty better, but(t) that did sacrifice really long range comfort. DFO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts