V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - Know lots of previous discussion on this, but noticed the "New" SE Air Filter (10/15/2005 manufacture date) has a part number I've not seen before 29442-99D. Black rubber, white element, oil less, and washable. Any opinions on what appears to be a new filter?

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
CrazyHawk26 said:
OK - Know lots of previous discussion on this, but noticed the "New" SE Air Filter (10/15/2005 manufacture date) has a part number I've not seen before 29442-99D. Black rubber, white element, oil less, and washable. Any opinions on what appears to be a new filter?
It's all lies and deception. Buy a K&N....

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
pws said:
It's all lies and deception. Buy a K&N....
K&N PN for a real K&N filter to fit an SE A/C is "HD-0800". Replaces HD 29442-99A/B/C and now D. About $50 plus shipping direct from K&N on their website. I have a local K&N dealer checking how much it would be from them (with no shipping, hopefully!) :thumbsup:

They (K&N) also make a stock-sized OEM filter for twin cams but....why would you want one?

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,644 Posts
new KN filter

Wizwill said:
K&N PN for a real K&N filter to fit an SE A/C is "HD-0800". Replaces HD 29442-99A/B/C and now D. About $50 plus shipping direct from K&N on their website. I have a local K&N dealer checking how much it would be from them (with no shipping, hopefully!) :thumbsup:

They (K&N) also make a stock-sized OEM filter for twin cams but....why would you want one?
KN has a new filter for the Twin Cam. #RK-3909 and it flows 337cfm. Looks like a stock cleaner but flow twice as much. Anyone know how much the HD-0800 flows?

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
The RK-3909 kit is basically an alternative to the SE Air Cleaner kit (29442-99A/B/C/D). Nothing more. One huge disadvantage about the RK-3909 kit is that it has a plastic back plate. In my experience, plastic doesn't hold up very well over time. I know a bunch of guys with cracked K&N air intakes on their trucks. Would imagine the same thing would happen with the RK-3909 over time.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,644 Posts
petrock said:
The RK-3909 kit is basically an alternative to the SE Air Cleaner kit (29442-99A/B/C/D). Nothing more. One huge disadvantage about the RK-3909 kit is that it has a plastic back plate. In my experience, plastic doesn't hold up very well over time. I know a bunch of guys with cracked K&N air intakes on their trucks. Would imagine the same thing would happen with the RK-3909 over time.
That was my one big concern with the RK-3909. Plastic. I just don't think it will hold up on the bike. Guess I will be doing the poor mans SE air cleaner.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
CrazyHawk26 said:
Buy it, throw away the filter element, replace it with the K&N HD-0800 filter element, enjoy.:beer4u:

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,644 Posts

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
wkohn said:
Thats my plan and I'm sticking to it. Already have the KN on order from Fox.
That's kind of what I meant. The problem I had, was that I already purchased the air intake before realizing what a piece of crap the MOCO filter element is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts