V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself as the proud new owner (delivery Saturday) of a Gunmetal Pearl RKC. This is my first HD after riding *** cruisers the past 10 years (I currently have a Honda ACE). The time was right to take the plunge (I turn 40 this fall). The bike is currently being accessorized with V&H slip-ons with the new turn-down tips (almost went SE with the fishtails but the sound of the V&H's I thought sounded deeper; the dealership started a few in the back for me as comparison), detachable backrest with luggage rack attached for the long trips with my wife, and 100th anniversary package accessories; handgrips in particular. I am really looking forward to the bike plus the whole "HD experience" and commradarie.
Look forward to posting on this forum,
Croozer

·
Registered
885 Posts
Welcome! Congrats and Good Luck! You're gonna love the bike!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome to the boards and congrats!

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Yo Croozer1,

Congrats on the new ride (especially be'n it's a RKC). I'm planning on the same this summer. Maybe I'll run into ya somewhere here in the NE. Never know.

In the meantime, gotta get thru this #@#%! winter.

:cool: :D :cool:

·
Registered
351 Posts
congradulations!..... Now go back to the dealer and buy a few bottles of Gunmetal Pearl Touchup paint.... as it may become harder to find in the future or may not be a perfect match in the future..... I kinda feel for all the black and silver bike owners who won't be able to touchup their silver paint like the Gunmetal pearl etc...

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Welcome to this site and I am very happy for you :) Wow, that gunmetal is poping up every where :p

·
Pestilence
2,092 Posts
ooooooooohh........aaaaaaahh....mmmmmm........they don't call it Road King fer nuthn ya know!
Post some pics for us!

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
WElcome, I have the 2003 FLHRCI, and love it.....you will be modding it to death......I am looking at the V&H's, want more rumble, more power. Think for now it will be the big bore kit...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Welcome and good luck!! :D

·
Registered
401 Posts
Welcome aboard. You'll be quite happy with your choice of bikes. The RK is smooth as glass on the highway.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome, stay in touch and post some pics when you get them.
Ride Safe.

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Carolina Rider,

I have the V&H's longshots on my Road King and they sound fantastic. They really look cool, the double barrel shotgun effect. I took the stock baffles out and installed a pair from another type pipe, Samson I think. They are about 6" shorter than the V&H baffle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to touring at it's best! I moved to 03 RKC in November after deciding that all the extras on the FLHTCUI was move than I wanted to have around me all the time.

For some added perfromance and sound, I've added Samson Rolled Thunder Ovals, K&N Air and the PC IIIr to manage them. For looks, the Gold Key 100 anniversary package was a good start. Much more to come as the wallet allows.

I be posting pix soon.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Congrats on the new addition to your family! And welcome to the forum.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts