V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just cannot seem to make up my mind on a new ride
Have it down to Heritage Softail Classic or Road King Classic
I want a bike I can travel on and sometimes take the the other ( better) half with me.
Went the metric route until a drunk driver totaled it outr from under me but am back

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Welcome. many people have opions on what to get between the two, I think you'll like either one. I have a heritage and like it very much, but there are advantages to the king. locking-weather proof bags, an air suspension, options for a larger more cushie seat for your better half. like I said though you'll like either I think.

good luck and whatever you get ride safe.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Post up often and enjoy.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Hello J B:

Welcome to the Bikers cyber dream of a forum. A place to kick back, get some laughs, technical advise and meet interesting people.

Glad to hear your back on your feet after an encounter with a drunk driver.

The boys here have many miles and have very good advice. Try the rental route and try to decide on a bike that will make you happy.

Personally, I like the road king......but I am known to be bias, shallow minded and prejudiced (about ROADKINGS ONLY)...{salute(

:welcome: :clap:

·
Registered
2 Posts
New Ride

Johnny B,

As Popeye wrote, "Rent".......!

I could tell ya that if you (or the little misses) are not so little, you would be happier with the King. But you might find the Softail eaiser to mussel in traffic.
Renting and spending time on these bikes will be the best way for you to make an intelligent decision. I don't know if it means anything to you, but a HD salesman told me he gets more Softails trade-ins for Kings than Kings traded for Softails.

As you already know there are only two types of motorcycle riders; Those that have experienced gravel rash and those that will. Glad you're here to talk about it.

:chopper:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Tough choice.

:welcome: to VTF.
Choices,choices.The choice you make should be decided on what type of riding you plan to do most.If you wanna cruise with the occasional touring get the softtail but if you plan to tour go for the 'King.
However getting a Harley is an emotional experience so...........either way you'll be happy.
Popeyes advice makes alot of sense.............suprisingly.Lol.:hystria:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
choice

I've ridden my friend's Heritage softail and loveed the bike I rented a Road King and loved that one as well so I still do not know which to buy
Thanks for the advice and ideas

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Personally, I think you get a lot of bang for your buck with the Heritage softail. I have several riding buds that have and love 'em. I don't know anyone that's had one and then said they wish they had bought something else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts