V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, new to me, 2004 Road Glide. I was looking at 07 and 08 Road Glides and this one came up and I decided to buy it instead. It joins my 2002 FXST (which I broke).

I am really getting to like the Road Glide, just purrs at 75 mph. Bone stock and I will keep it this way while I fix the ST, I hope I can leave well enough alone.

I join the ranks of the bagger clan.....

greg

rg1.jpg

rg2.jpg

·
<><
3,971 Posts
Roadster_G said:
Well, new to me, 2004 Road Glide. I was looking at 07 and 08 Road Glides and this one came up and I decided to buy it instead. It joins my 2002 FXST (which I broke).

I am really getting to like the Road Glide, just purrs at 75 mph. Bone stock and I will keep it this way while I fix the ST, I hope I can leave well enough alone.

I join the ranks of the bagger clan.....

greg
I was thinking just yesterday -- one ride at 75+ and you're hooked. Enjoy it!!!!!

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Congrats on the new to you scoot. I had an 02 and now the 06 RG. The RG is a great bike, will give you miles and miles of smiles.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Oh yea, one more thing. The internals on that motor may be bone stock but the bike appears to have some nice add ons, floor boards, brake lever, mirrors, grips, lay down license plate bracket, aftermarket crash bar and air cleaner cover. I bet you if that air cleaner cover was changed out it at least has a stage 1 done to it. All good things in my book.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Got my 07 in April and put 11K on it The best ride I have ever had. Clearview shield made a world of difference.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Road Glider said:
Oh yea, one more thing. The internals on that motor may be bone stock but the bike appears to have some nice add ons, floor boards, brake lever, mirrors, grips, lay down license plate bracket, aftermarket crash bar and air cleaner cover. I bet you if that air cleaner cover was changed out it at least has a stage 1 done to it. All good things in my book.
It does have some extras, the guy I bought it from used to work at a Harley-Davidson dealer and bought this bike after the previous owner traded it in a week or so after (New SE came out) and he bought it. He did an upgrade map and was going to put on RH mufflers (which I have). He did take super care of it, he has a 1 man indy ship now. The chrome stuff is from Bartel's and has their logo etched on the covers.

Master plan was to put the 98" cylinders, heads and 37G cams from the ST into this bike and then do something ridiculous to the ST. But I am liking the bike so much, I may just leave it. Oh no, I probably will start taking naps now!!! I am looking at all the travel stuff like detachable trunk, cup holder...oh brother.

:hmmm:
greg

It also came with some different winshields, but I have already looked at the Clearview site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts