V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
70 degrees in St. Louis Today! Couldn't believe it!

Not only that, but picked up the RK from service @ the dealer with new Stage I Breather, Reflash & Samson Rolled Thunder slip-ons. Got the slip-ons @ a decent price on ebay. Used (4K) but in great condition.

Exactly the sound I was looking for + I really like the oval shape. I think the difference with the engine able to breathe and vent was VERY noticeable. (@ least I like to think so).

Took the long way home as you might expect, till got too dark for my dark glasses. Sure sucked that I had to spend most of the day @ work.

Temps supposed to be back down to freezing w/in the next 24 hrs.
:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Great day in Minn also. put on about 100 miles today. As for the pipes and the breather be careful. It only makes you want more!! My bike used to be stock too.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am in the St Louis area also. Rode 225 miles today. Just could not get enough. We were really lucky to get this in Jan.

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
70 degrees in Oklahoma City today. Too bad I was stuck indoors all day. :(

Weather calls for freezing temps within the next 48 hours.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank God for clear lenses.. changed 'em out & had to go out again tonight. It's still 57 degrees.

Had an older guy (older than me) pull up beside me @ a light & say "kind of cold isn't it"? I said no it's great & I'm havin' a ball. He said "we wouldn't ride ours tonight" & I told him he's really missing out.

You guys are really lucky to have been able to put on all those miles. I think it's supposed to be in the 30's tomorrow.

I was really surprised that there weren't any more bikes out. Saw a few, but not as many as you'd expect to take advantage of this window.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
They are calling for 66 here tommorow. I'm riding to work for sure :D

Glad to here the bike is running well after the stage one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts