V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
rear fender goes on tomorrow, ran out of day light :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
Looks great. Kind of like having a new girlfriend. Well, sort of.

How do you like the stirrups you have on the bike? Is it a vast improvement in comfort, especially on longer trips?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
nice

beauty, a few questions. Are your heads chromed? and the mirors. i think they are backwards, now you may already know that ,but i am just checkin. lastly , damn, it looks too clean. Your cases look flawless, how do you clean the aluminum so well?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,496 Posts
Looks good but I dont like the mirors. I think they look dorky like that. Maybe your planing so custom ones down the road? What happen to the hidden wires? I thought you would of ran your turn signal wires in there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yesterday after getting the tank on I was amazed at the transformation that occured. Even though I had this tank on many times during the last few months the combination of the tank and handle bars make me look at it and think it isnt the same bike. After I get the rear fender on and take some more pics you will see what I mean.........now to answer questions


Ross said:

How do you like the stirrups you have on the bike? Is it a vast improvement in comfort, especially on longer trips?
Not really but it does give you a little room for moving your feet around


Kerry said:

Are your heads chromed? and the mirors. i think they are backwards, now you may already know that ,but i am just checkin. lastly , damn, it looks too clean. Your cases look flawless, how do you clean the aluminum so well?
No those are covers on the rocker boxes, I will remove them and go with something like maybe chrome rocker boxes when I do the engine build. Mirror are on backwards so I can get it through the door into the house. I need to find something that doesnt stick out so far. Do you mean that powder grey ****? I hate it and wish it was black, as a matter of fact when I do the engine build up they will be black. Use lots of soap and water and tlc.

Honkylips said:

From what I see so far, it's easily the nicest sportster I've seen. Looks great.
Thanks, I dont know if I would go that far, but it is different and individual and thats what I wanted

Kags said:

Looks good but I dont like the mirors. I think they look dorky like that. Maybe your planing so custom ones down the road? What happen to the hidden wires? I thought you would of ran your turn signal wires in there?
Mirror addressed above. When I added the 8" of wire to accomadate the mini apes I used a larger gauge wire (can you say stupid ass) the wires just wont fit inside. I will eventually redo it. For now they are covered by this plastic chrome twirly **** and use chrome cable ties.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
very nice misguided, great to see your bike back together, almost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
Very nice. Like the tribal flames a lot. Not sure about the mini apes though. Never had a set and not sure how they would be with your arms up all the time. Have you tried them yet since the cosmetic surgery? Just curious I guess.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top