V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my tank, I had the HD emblems removed and had the painter paint HD on it .. they have to repaint the fender and tour pak lid (lid cracked and front fender, the lower backside a chunk of paint chipped off) .. :confused:

So while they had it they took the rest of the chrome pieces off for me and I had them blacked out, including the tank console .. going to have them air brush flhx on that instead of putting that decal back on .. maybe a dark grey ..

What do you guys think of a dark grey color for the lettering for the flhx on the tank console?

Its coming along .. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
I love it! It's unique and original.

·
self banned
5,992 Posts
OK, so you are asking us if we think dark grey lettering (FLH) would be good on the console?

(don't think anyone realized that yet).

I am not really sure what your console looks like now, so I cannot visualize anything. HOWEVER, my opinion (fwiw) is to have the console "plain" with no lettering... But my opinion is always flawed, ask my wife :)

and BTW, of course I love your tank paint!!!!

rkc

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I like the color of the tank and the logo. Kinda looks like a signature, somewhat unique, as if you painted by hand..................

FWIW, leave the dash console alone.........

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Looks good. I like it a lot. As for the dash, i wouldn't put any lettering on it.

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
it's purdy.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys .. well I think I may be going with a grey silverish color for the lettering and the edges will be black and kind of look 3D .. :) .. maybe ..

Its the original HD color for 2008 and I had to get the front fender redone and the tourpak lid , they have to reshooot it because the paint mix was 2 shades darker that they got from the paint shop .... but he did a real good job on the tank and lettering and buffin it up .. looks better than it did when I bought it ..

Missing out on some good riiding weather here :(

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
very nice!! ;-)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Nice paint job but I would have left it blank without the "Harley Davidson" on it but that is just me.
I agree with this.PAint job is just too good to add to it in my opinion.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Tank looks great. You probably might be over doing it by putting lettering on the console.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts