V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Soon to be a UK new owner and should be picking up (not literaly) a 2002 FLHR Road King. This will be my first Harley after always wanting one since being a boy (awww). This has been a dream and it is now finally realised, I should be taking delivery on or around the 15th March and me and the misses are hoping to put on a few miles in the next couple on months.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Deka, First of all, welcome aboard! Glad to see some of you chaps over on the other side of the pond here on this site. Let us know what you think of the new scoot and most of all, pictures, pictures, pictures. :D

Dave

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave

Insurance being what it is in the UK, I have to have 2 pictures and a signed decleration of value from my dealer sent to my insurance company before they will fully commence insurance cover. I can only get fully comprehensive cover for the bike due to the value. So as soon as I get it pictures will be here.

It is expected to arrive at the dealers in 8 days time I have asked them to let me know when the lorry arrives so I can see it being unloaded and unpacked (bit of a sad lad).

Keep save
Deka

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its Finally arrived.

I am now the proud owner of a 2002 FLHR Road King in Luxury Rich Red, its an absolute stonker. Pick it up on wednesday and hour before I had to go to work so only managed a few miles :(

Yesterday I managed to clock up 50 (iTS PRETTY boaring having to ride at less than Fifty slowing up and speeding up changing gear but hell it marvellous)

Had to turn around and head for home after so few miles cause I could not feel some of my fingers (WINTER IS BACK IN THE UK) snow and ice are not a good combernation to fun riding ho hum.

I'll post a picture so as I figure out how.

Sits back with a big cheesy grin.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Nice looking ride man, great color too.

Dave

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Straydog
na thats the garage, I must get that grass cut :D

Bruce
It s Raby castle in County Durham, North of England. Loads of Castles in this part of the country.

I'll try and get pics when the sun actually shines, which it did today while I was stuck at work :(

I have so far managed to rack up 337 miles which aint bad considering the weather and having to fit work in, roll on Summer. Thanks for all the nice comments Guys.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Deka; That's is a one nice looking scooter you got there. You will love the Twin Cam motor, Smooth & Power to spare. I ride a "94 FLHTCU, no comparison . As they say here, Keep the sunny side up, or keep riding between the fence posts . Have fun...:cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Deka
Now that's one fine looking scoot for sure and will say like the color also,. Nothing quite like red to bring out that chrome. Though just can't get over that garage of your's......Round these parts here in the colonies we usually just protect out bikes with such as Smith @ Wesson or a couple of snarling dogs...Seems just a bit over the top to build a fortress.
But all the same will wish for you a early spring and plentiful good riding weather as to rack up some miles on the RK,

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
insurance

Deka,
Who have you your insurance with?
I'm in Manchester/UK and with norwich union, none of that photo and signed declaration crap!
Anyway, e-mail me and let me know if I'm paying too much!
£1233.00 the last time I got off the floor to look at the bill!!! :mad:

2000 FLHRCI
Dermot. :D

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Ya know something?

This is one of the best threads on the board. I know I am a clown sometimes...... OK shaaaad aaaaap ALL THE TIME.... , but, this thread is really cool.

Let's see who is old here. Who remembers this one?

"This moment of softness is brought to you by Zee.... .. ( fill in the blanks if ya can)

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Deka...It was a delight to read your story about your new scoot. refreshing..... keep the info coming on getting the miles under you... and yes, I agree.... maybe just one tower too many in your castle garage , for our standards here in the USA... lol.:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi all

I have now tripped a 1000 miles and had the first service. I know this isn't a lot but (here come the excuses). Wot with work, footie and the weather this isnt bad going. I am loving every minute/mile of it . I must get some decent exhausts but my insurance company (sent a reply harleyhog) insist that I fit Harley ones and they have to be fitted by a HD Dealer, they want $880 which is a bit rich at the moment. I still cant get my head around the sissy bars, side plates bar and then pad? what that all about. :eek:

Anyway thanks for all the comments, now the sun is shinning I post another picture soon.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Insurance

Hi again.

If your insurance wants you to fit 'Harley' exhausts, then do what I did.
Part # 65976-96 with whatever end caps you like!

'Harley' original part! AND works with the TC88 both carb AND EFI.

Mine's an EFI, Sounds loud compared to stock but its worth it!!!

Tell your insurance theres 'NO' difference in power, cause theres not! They should allow it.
I'm with them too.(insurance co.uk)
If they try an charge you more tell them NO!

You'll splatter them over the internet if they do........................

D. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts