V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!!! Ive been reading this forum for over a month now and have never posted. Back in march of this year I bought my first street bike,a 2002 Honda Shadow Sabre and rode it 4000 miles from March till mid July and then the Harley bug bit me and I purchased a 03 Fatboy. I sold my Honda and my truck in order to buy it. I ride every day to work rain or shine. I was a member of another forum called the sabre group and never posted on that site either, I am not real computer literate and may need some help from time to time. I will try and post here often now that I have figured out how,just wanted to say hi to everyone.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I got folks from around your area. My cousin and his wife live around Beckley. My Mom's side is from Hurricane, WV. Close to St. Albans. Heard of it? Well, I know my location is GE, but I'm from SW Va. (Active Duty Army) About an hour from Roanoke. Well, enjoy the site. Don't be a stranger. Lots of good people here. Enjoy. J.T.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yes welcome mollie8686,

I am sure if you need any help be it either computer related or bike related someone here can and will help you. 03 FatBoy are fantastic bikes and always receives looks and positive comments.

You have some great areas to ride. Again welcome,

Dave

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum,mollie8686!

Congrats on the Fatboy!

Glad you decided to post an intro,as fearnot69 said,don't be a stranger.And don't let this computer stuff intimidate you!!

Looking forward to your posts,enjoy!
guido

·
Registered
695 Posts
mollie8686,
Did you buy or order your 2003 Fat Boy? If you bought it would you mind telling me when -- the reason I ask is because I ordered my Harley on 3 June and still don't know anything.

Thanks and I'm real glad and happy for you -- feeling good? HA!

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cox9000,
I bought my FATBOY from a local dealer, he was not taking orders and was selling on a first come first serve basis. He probably had 75 people waiting outside the Saturday that I puchased but I got lucky!Also some things I left about about myself in the begining, I have been riding 3 and 4wheelers since about age 4 but have never owned anything with 2 wheels. I spent about 5 years racing and wrenching my own bikes on local tracks and at the nationals all over the east coast.My wife and I are new bike owners but not new to the bike scene,we have always taken our vacation during Myrtle Beach bike week for the last 10 years but never had a bike. I was one of these guys that always said I could never afford one but I always kept a 30000 pickup sitting in the driveway,being with my wife for the last 12 years,helping her through college,buying a house,2 kids(3 yearoldboy and 1 year old girl) Ive come to realize the more important things in life. We now own one vehicle and one bike.There will never be another bike week without a bike!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts