V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right place to post this?!? I didn't see a newbie/welcome area.

Just got my 06 Deluxe. I'm not a newbie to riding, or riding a Harley (I've rented a bunch for a week at a time) But this is my 1st Harley!

I'm excited to take it out, but the weather here in kC isn't the best right now. Not to mention I have salt all over the streets :( So I'll have to wait until we have a good rain to clean things up.

Anyone else in the KC area? I have been lurking on this board for awhile. Just thought I would introduce myself!

Mods:
power commander programbale ECU
vance and hines big shot staggered exhaust
chrome lower belt guard
chrome swingarm
chrome rear sprocket
chrome rear axle nut covers
passenger footboards
wider passenger seat
detachable sissy bar (not in the pic)
stage one air intake and K&N filter
optional smooth laced wheels

I have the deluxe windshield as well but I don't have it on in the pic. I also am about to order some 34D deluxe bossbags :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice taste in bikes, I have one just like it. Same color too. Here's a pic I took tonight, not the greatest in the world because of the lighting. I would love to see a pic of the bags when you get them installed. I like the HD bags I have, they're just not big enough. The extras you have installed look nice.

There is a welcome/newbie forum call "My Story, the beginning". It's the top one on the main forum page in case you want to post something there too.

You can find out almost anything you need to know here by searching or just asking a question. Lot's of good people here.

Trey

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
69 Z-28 said:
Welcome to the forum. Nice taste in bikes, I have one just like it. Same color too. Here's a pic I took tonight, not the greatest in the world because of the lights.

There is a welcome/newbie forum call "My Story, the beginning". It's the top one on the main forum page in case you want to post something there too.

You can find out almost anything you need to know here by searching or just asking a question. Lot's of good people here.

Trey

cool, you have nice bike too!

I have a question for ya. The air cleaner cover you have, what is that?

I had the stage1 put on my bike but it didn't come with that cover.

·
Registered
453 Posts
irix said:
cool, you have nice bike too!

I have a question for ya. The air cleaner cover you have, what is that?

I had the stage1 put on my bike but it didn't come with that cover.
It's the nostalgic AC cover, I will list the link at the end. I love the look of it on the bike, it belongs on it to me. It will only work on the SE air cleaner but since you have the stage 1, this shouldn't be a problem for you. Keep in mind though it sticks out a little further than the stock one. Your knee will probably lay against it and will prevent you from completely tucking your legs in tight against the tank. Takes a little getting used to but worth it for me since I love the old look so much.

I have added almost everything in the nostalgic line to it. Here's a pic from the other side. I really love the half moon floorboards too.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/...4309043221&bmUID=1133489224604&bmLocale=en_US

Trey

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
69 Z-28 said:
It's the nostalgic AC cover, I will list the link at the end. I love the look of it on the bike, it belongs on it to me. It will only work on the SE air cleaner but since you have the stage 1, this shouldn't be a problem for you. Keep in mind though it sticks out a little further than the stock one. Your knee will probably lay against it and will prevent you from completely tucking your legs in tight against the tank. Takes a little getting used to but worth it for me since I love the old look so much.

I have added almost everything in the nostalgic line to it. Here's a pic from the other side. I really love the half moon floorboards too.

Trey
Cool, ya I like the floorboards you have. Maybe a moderator will move this to the newbie/welcome forum for me :)

thanks!

·
'04 FXSTDI
906 Posts
Nice looking Lux.
I see you bought it a Topeka HD. Good people to work with. I bought my 04 from City Cycle in JC.
BTW I live in KCK, ride a Deuce.
THeweather has sucked lately. I got a chance to ride over Thanksgiving, but am beginning to believe we are done for a while. I don't mind my bike getting dirty, but I don't want it salty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts