V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Retired Army ('93); 2 daughters through college; 1 of 'em married; #3 still in college; 'bout time to start riding again. Used to ride but not overseas. Live between Fredericksburg and Quantico, VA. Looking forward to ride in the mountains and take some longer trips. Browsing the Forum for technical / mechanical suggestions from those who have more time and experience. Hope wife will ride with me; she's pretty calm about the whole thing though. Then again, if both of us were as excited about riding a cruiser, we'd have to flip to see who gets the back seat.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
:D Welcome to the forum! Let me be the first to say this is the best of the net! Great folks, info and fun. If you haven't, stop by the Vet's thread and list your experiences in Roll Call. Plenty of active, former and retired members from all services here, I'm retired Army also. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome to the H/D Forum, rev!

Enjoy your time here.

Maybe your wife will decide to ride her own someday.

Say, is it snowing in your part of VA? My son lives near Blacksburg and called a few minutes ago. He told me he's pretty well snowed in.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hay Revonacruiser,

You found us! Great to have you join us I think you'll find this a very informative site with lots of great folks. Yes we are supposed to have snow starting around mid-night. I've already told the folks at work that if given the chance I won't be in tomorrow, so if your wife goes in at least one of us will show up. I am scheduled to be TDY the week before Christmas and my side business is real busy getting gifts done for everyone, so I need the time off.

Shoot me an email when Waugh lets you know when it's in. I am working the HOG table at Patriot this weekend they are having a big sale. Oh it’s getting late so got to get to bed us in case this fizzles and is nothing and I have to go to work tomorrow.

Take care,

Dave (aka Walt)

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, my Harley is ready for pick up...with snow, ice, slush, and chemicals all over the roads; possible record low temp tonight. Thanks for the responses and welcome. Hope the weather and roads clear real fast.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Figures, doesn't it, glad to hear you got the call. Maybe you can get some plastic and a trailer and bring her home. Put it on a trailer and wrap in some of that packing sticky plastic to keep all that stuff off of it.

Good luck,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts