V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of the new Mustang seat for the V-Rod? I just looked at it on the website, and I'm not so thrilled. lookd like it might look good on a fatboy or something, but it doesn't fit the V-rod stylin'. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I just saw it also. I think it looks ugly as sh!t. I wouldn't own one. Looking forward to Daytona and see what available there.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'd like to see a full picture of the V-Rod with that seat, and without the studs. It might look okay. It kind of looks like a dragster seat where it kind of tucks you down and in.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have never been very impressed with Mustang seats. Too big and bulky. There supposed to comfortabe, and I guess with all that extra padding they probably are!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mustang seat???? Forgive me but who makes this seat. I looked on HD's web site, but no mustang seat.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks, I agree. I donot like it. I will stick with my sundowner.

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VRSC,

How do you like the Sundowner? Is it a big dif from the stock?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mdrsteve, like night and day. It has more cushion, is a little wider and has some lower back support. I like it alot, but have not tried any other except stock.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Paul Beattie said:
Personally, I have the Custom Willie G. and it looks great and is comfortable.....
Yup.........same one i have! I like it far better than the stock. Lower, more comfortable. It is alittle stiff but i think it may break in with more saddle time!

·
Registered
149 Posts
mdrsteve,

I have the Badlander seat. Sits lower than stock and has more lower back support.

Pete

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think Mustang dealt with the fact you need to raise the seat to get to the gas tank in a very ugly way, maybe they could have incorporated the pillion and rider seat together in a nicer looking design. I personally like the corbin young guns.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Somebody fill me in on the Willie G seat. I've ripped my computer all over the internet and can't find it. It's not on the HD website -- on my computer anyway..hehehe.
I'm waiting for Daytona to smoke over what Corbin has plus others. The stock seat is not too awful; but, have had better comfort with the stiffer Corbins. Can anybody post a shot of their Willie?!? I know I'm not...
Gene P.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Never mind -- I found it. I was looking at the pictures and not reading the "designer". Looks kinda like the stock seat to me...
Gene P.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts