V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be getting a new Heritage Springer next month. I want to get it sounding like a Harley with performance secondary. I'm looking for suggestions on mufflers that can replace originals and still keep the fishtails.

·
Registered
695 Posts
You don't think you'd be disappointed if you lost any performance? I'm not an expert but from what I've been told Vance & Hines make good exhaust systems. Have you looked at their website? It's at:
www.vanceandhines.com A few weeks ago I logged on and they sent me a real nice brochure. Doug Vancil (the IHRA Nitro Harley World Champion) uses these pipes.
Anyway congratulations on the Heritage Springer coming in next month. I sure hope I get my bike also.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi gfyoung

I've got a 2002 Heritage Springer also. Great Bike. I took off the stock pipes and put on the Screaming Eagle Slip-ons ($250.00). Sounds alot better than stock. Screaming eagle makes a slip on (About $359.00)and you can choose the end-cap you want, including the fish tails.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I HAVE A 2001 FLSTS,I TRIED THE SCREAMING EAGLES WITH THE FISH TAILS.COULD BARELY TELL THE DIFFERNCE FROM THE STOCK PIPES,I ENDED UP USING SAMPSON SLIP ON'S THEY SOUND PRETTY GOOD BUT THE FISH TAIL IS NOT AS NICE AS THE ORIG.I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THE KIRKERS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts